The Student Room Group

Help bank shifts

Hi,

I posted an anonymously for privacy without identification but really need your help.

I am a bank doctor in Ed and have medical staffing behaving extremely unprofessional. For personal reasons I had to cancel a shift last minute which was approved by the consultant. The medical staffing have fed false information to the operational manager to cancel all my future shifts.

The same medical staffing has done this before in June, without talking to me, and wanting to cancel my shifts where I spoke to the operational manager.

I want to escalate his and if my shifts are cancelled for false information is this unlawful?

Who can I escalate this to? Director of HR, CEO as it’s a management issue due to medical staffing behaving unprofessionally
Human resources is the place to go.

Explain the issue, do not name names - unless asked.

Good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by Native087
Human resources is the place to go.

Explain the issue, do not name names - unless asked.

Good luck.

It is Human Resources who made the complaint - Medical Staffing. It’s the same person as the last time as the old operational manager showed me the original email. The new operational manager mentioned the same name so names have been mentioned.

Can I escalate it to anyone else in the hospital as HR will tend to dismiss my concerns if they all work in the same office.

I am also worried about extra shifts and being paid on time as they have control of this
Worth speaking to your trade union for advice and support with this
Original post by Anonymous
It is Human Resources who made the complaint - Medical Staffing. It’s the same person as the last time as the old operational manager showed me the original email. The new operational manager mentioned the same name so names have been mentioned.

Can I escalate it to anyone else in the hospital as HR will tend to dismiss my concerns if they all work in the same office.

I am also worried about extra shifts and being paid on time as they have control of this

Apologies, I wouldn't worry about being paid on time as this can be escalated to a severe legal issue. (By not paying you, they give you the proof that they're not paying you.) As for extra shifts, there is potential that you draw the short straw more often than not.

I agree with Smile, talk to your trade union. Sounds like a difficult situation to be in, I am sorry.
I heard a similar case where the locum doc was self isolating and now they wasn’t to penalise him. Can they do that?
I heard a similar case where the locum doc was self isolating and now they wasn’t to penalise him. Can they do that?

Want to penalise for self isolating for 10 days - as in wanting to cancel all booked shifts
Reply 7
Hi,

I posted an anonymously for privacy without identification but really need your help.

I am a bank doctor in Ed and have medical staffing behaving extremely unprofessional. For personal reasons I had to cancel a shift last minute which was approved by the consultant. The medical staffing have fed false information to the operational manager to cancel all my future shifts.

The same medical staffing has done this before in June, without talking to me, and wanting to cancel my shifts where I spoke to the operational manager.

I want to escalate his and if my shifts are cancelled for false information is this unlawful?

Who can I escalate this to? Director of HR, CEO as it’s a management issue due to medical staffing behaving unprofessionally

I am so sorry that you have to go through this, this is the reality of working in the NHS and working in general hence why I have made the decision to become self-employed and work away from medicine after my F2 year.

I think it is best to contact your trade union such as BMA etc about this and take legal action against the trust if needed!
In the future try and make sure as much as possible that correspondences are via email rather than on the phone and when via the phone you should record your conversations.
Reply 8
Standard NHS staffing behaviour.

Original post by Smile88egc
Worth speaking to your trade union for advice and support with this

BMA is useless -their reply will always be "unfortunately, in this case the HR is right". MDU is a bit better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending