The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Has anyone got this book?
The Chameleon

Yes I bought it today from Waterstones :biggrin:
:wink:
It absolutely brilliant I give it 9 out of 10!!!!

If they had used a better quality paper and made it in COLOUR then it would be 10 out of 10.

Apart from the the above it is fantastic.

Essential for last minute cramming the night before the exam. :wink:

It has EVERYTHING you need to know but VERY CONCISE AND TO THE POINT.

It has questions too which are useful exam practice.

I would say for £6 this book is EXCELLENT. It has saved me alot of time for writing out my own revision notes just to recall from memory etc.

All in all a brilliant revision guide and it is written by Sang who also wrote the Physics 1 and 2 OCR module books.
Reply 3
london
Yes I bought it today from Waterstones :biggrin:
:wink:
It absolutely brilliant I give it 9 out of 10!!!!

If they had used a better quality paper and made it in COLOUR then it would be 10 out of 10.

Apart from the the above it is fantastic.

Essential for last minute cramming the night before the exam. :wink:

It has EVERYTHING you need to know but VERY CONCISE AND TO THE POINT.

It has questions too which are useful exam practice.

I would say for £6 this book is EXCELLENT. It has saved me alot of time for writing out my own revision notes just to recall from memory etc.

All in all a brilliant revision guide and it is written by Sang who also wrote the Physics 1 and 2 OCR module books.

that's great. :biggrin:

What's in it? Anything on the practical?
Are you taking this exam in January?
The Chameleon
that's great.

What's in it? Anything on the practical?
Are you taking this exam in January?

Nothing much on the practical apart from the essential experiments that you need to know such as Youngs Slit experiment.

I am not taking the first AS unit as I got a good mark in it. Will be doing so in June though if I need more UMS marks!!!!

Still very worried about the PRACTICAL they are totally unpredictable :frown: :mad: . The practical exam papers for AQA are FREE on the website, it is similiar to the OCR board. So I am bit more confident but still worried about messing up the next time. I did very badly in the Waves and Practical Papers. :mad:
The Chameleon

Once I get the driver for XP for my scanner installed . I'll scan some pages in for you..... I must say its ESSENTIAL you get this book. It looks like it will prove VERY USEFUL for last minute CRAMMING SESSIONS :wink: :biggrin:
Reply 6
london
Once I get the driver for XP for my scanner installed . I'll scan some pages in for you..... I must say its ESSENTIAL you get this book. It looks like it will prove VERY USEFUL for last minute CRAMMING SESSIONS :wink: :biggrin:

I ordered it off www.play.com 2 days ago. Thanks a lot for this.
Reply 7
london
Nothing much on the practical apart from the essential experiments that you need to know such as Youngs Slit experiment.

I am not taking the first AS unit as I got a good mark in it. Will be doing so in June though if I need more UMS marks!!!!

Still very worried about the PRACTICAL they are totally unpredictable :frown: :mad: . The practical exam papers for AQA are FREE on the website, it is similiar to the OCR board. So I am bit more confident but still worried about messing up the next time. I did very badly in the Waves and Practical Papers. :mad:

Is that forces and motion?

P.S when did you take the wave properties paper?
E.g. jan 04, etc.

I'm not too worried about the practical but I am worried about the written paper. i got an A in my mock practical and I also got an A in my mock written, but I also feel that some of the answers are a struggle. That's why I'm getting this book.

Also, does this book explain polarisation properly?
i feel that the explanation in physics 1 is not really to the point. Thanks.
PLEASE post subject specific threads (like this one) in the subject specific forums.

Members who persistantly post their threads in the wrong subforums will have their threads deleted rather than moved:mad:

Latest

Trending

Trending