Want more information about this university?
WhatstheT
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey,

I'm looking at studying at the University of Chester next year for a masters and wondered if anyone had any suggestions of what is the best accommodation around?
sierrac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depending on your price range and the kind of accommodation you're looking for here are a few suggestions:

2 Chichester St/Church College Close
- semi-catered, a few rooms have an en-suite, 9 person house
- I stayed here my first year and it was very easy to make friends. If you don't know anybody at Chester I recommend applying for catered or semi-catered housing because you're likely be put into a house with 2-8 other people. It's an all girls house and you can't apply to this house specifically, but I had friends who stayed at some of the other small houses and had a decent time there.

Sumner
- fully catered, large hall, en-suites
- I had a friend who stayed here and the rooms are pretty nice. Since it's fully catered there isn't a full kitchen in the hall only a shared fridge and microwave. Laundry facilities in the building. Security (?) at the front desk and only one guest allowed to your room at a time. It was hard for her to meet people on her floor because for the most part everyone stays in their rooms.

Grosvenor
- self catered, large hall, en-suite and kitchen
- Similar to Sumner but your room has a full kitchen. Also has a laundry room. No security making you sign your friends into your room. More secure than Sumner because you can only enter a floor or corridor if you student card has access (you live there).

Tramway/Trinity Hall/Northgate Studios
- self catered, small hall, en-suite and studio options
- I only know people who have lived at Tramway and Northgate and they both seem to like it. I personally don't recommend because I'd be lonely lol.

Obviously there are tonnes of student housing agencies you can look into as well but you'd probably end up getting put into a house of people that already know each other. Hope that helped a bit x
University of Chester
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by WhatstheT)
Hey,

I'm looking at studying at the University of Chester next year for a masters and wondered if anyone had any suggestions of what is the best accommodation around?
Hi WhatstheT

Thank you for considering studying at the University of Chester, I'm sorry we are only just replying.

Thank you to sierrac who has provided you with a brilliant and in depth answer, so I don't feel like I need to add too much. If you are interested in applying for University owned accommodation then please email our Residential Living Team at [email protected]. They will send you an application form, once you've completed this they will look into the options available and send you an offer.

I hope this helps. :bigsmile:

Alex
TudorPlace
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by WhatstheT)
Hey,

Hi there, as mentioned below there is lots of accommodation in Chester. Tudor Place is the newest kid on the block offering en suite flat shares or studios. Call us on 01244 259 470 or email [email protected] for further info. Take care.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (90)
28.3%
No - I have already returned home (40)
12.58%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (61)
19.18%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
10.06%
No - I live at home during term anyway (95)
29.87%

Watched Threads