I'm looking at studying at the University of Chester next year for a masters and wondered if anyone had any suggestions of what is the best accommodation around?
2 Chichester St/Church College Close
- semi-catered, a few rooms have an en-suite, 9 person house
- I stayed here my first year and it was very easy to make friends. If you don't know anybody at Chester I recommend applying for catered or semi-catered housing because you're likely be put into a house with 2-8 other people. It's an all girls house and you can't apply to this house specifically, but I had friends who stayed at some of the other small houses and had a decent time there.
- fully catered, large hall, en-suites
- I had a friend who stayed here and the rooms are pretty nice. Since it's fully catered there isn't a full kitchen in the hall only a shared fridge and microwave. Laundry facilities in the building. Security (?) at the front desk and only one guest allowed to your room at a time. It was hard for her to meet people on her floor because for the most part everyone stays in their rooms.
- self catered, large hall, en-suite and kitchen
- Similar to Sumner but your room has a full kitchen. Also has a laundry room. No security making you sign your friends into your room. More secure than Sumner because you can only enter a floor or corridor if you student card has access (you live there).
Tramway/Trinity Hall/Northgate Studios
- self catered, small hall, en-suite and studio options
- I only know people who have lived at Tramway and Northgate and they both seem to like it. I personally don't recommend because I'd be lonely lol.
Obviously there are tonnes of student housing agencies you can look into as well but you'd probably end up getting put into a house of people that already know each other. Hope that helped a bit x
Thank you for considering studying at the University of Chester, I'm sorry we are only just replying.
Thank you to sierrac who has provided you with a brilliant and in depth answer, so I don't feel like I need to add too much. If you are interested in applying for University owned accommodation then please email our Residential Living Team at [email protected]. They will send you an application form, once you've completed this they will look into the options available and send you an offer.
I hope this helps.