The Student Room Group

Implant removal

I had my implant removed this morning and I’ve been told my fertility returns back to normal immediately. I have sex last night and didn’t use any other form of contraceptive as I still had the implant. But now I’ve had it removed Does this mean I am not protected for last night? I forgot to ask the nurse and was not told before hand to use anything else
Original post by Harrietwhite
I had my implant removed this morning and I’ve been told my fertility returns back to normal immediately. I have sex last night and didn’t use any other form of contraceptive as I still had the implant. But now I’ve had it removed Does this mean I am not protected for last night? I forgot to ask the nurse and was not told before hand to use anything else

Yes you right about not being protected once the implant been removed.
Soon as it removed then you no longer protected against pregnancy.
To avoid getting pregnant you should had been advised to use some other form of contraceptive like pill or condoms .
Although you been told about your fertility returning your body will take upto 3 months to get back to pre implant ( normal ) ok.
You can't blame us nurses not saying this to you as it unfortunately works both ways in asking & telling things okay . ( I'm a midwife ) .
Original post by Tracey_W
Yes you right about not being protected once the implant been removed.
Soon as it removed then you no longer protected against pregnancy.
To avoid getting pregnant you should had been advised to use some other form of contraceptive like pill or condoms .
Although you been told about your fertility returning your body will take upto 3 months to get back to pre implant ( normal ) ok.
You can't blame us nurses not saying this to you as it unfortunately works both ways in asking & telling things okay . ( I'm a midwife ) .

Thank you for clearing this up! Can I also ask where in my statement did I blame the nurse? I simply stated I forgot to ask so therefore I was not made aware of this.
Original post by Harrietwhite
Thank you for clearing this up! Can I also ask where in my statement did I blame the nurse? I simply stated I forgot to ask so therefore I was not made aware of this.

I never said you said you blame the nurses ok as simply said that you can't blame the nurses for not informing you about anything . yes you did say you forgot to ask about things and wasn't told about using anything else either .

Usually when this procedure getting done you would normally get told about things but unfortunately looks like you weren't.

Quick Reply

Latest