The Student Room Group

Do all iPad pros run out of battery THIS quickly

I bought a first gen iPad pro for the sole purpose of illustrating, but it has completely defeated this purpose by running out of power after about 2 1/2 - 3hrs of use, meaning that a single drawing can take me up to 9-10 days to complete. This wouldn't be an issue if it charged quickly, but it often takes up to 7-8 hours of charging before it gets back to 100%, so I can only draw for a few hours a day before having to give up and return to it the next day.

It also runs out of battery while charging, which is frustrating. I get that it's a pretty chunky device, quality specs etc but really. My laptop is double the size, much more memory, runs 30 tabs at one time etc and it at LEAST charges while in use. My iPad has literally TWO applications that I downloaded, maybe 12 photos and is otherwise used for nothing except my one drawing app and still drains impossibly fast.

Is there anything that I can do to increase battery life, aside from the basics like closing tabs, history etc? Or are all iPads just this sh** with battery?
Hey,

I assume you are using an Apple Pencil...
And yes, I know! When specifically using an Apple Pencil, the battery seems to drain out so so quickly! I have no idea why this is, but many of my iPad friends have the same problem.

However, I’m a bit worried considering it’s brand new. Maybe you are using the wrong charger...are you using the teeny iPhone charger or the chunky iPad one that came in the box?
Hate to be one of them people, but google it. It will bring up stuff you can change in settings that can supposedly help the issue. I had the same problem with my iPhone and turned off analytics and turned off some stuff, whatever the articles suggested and it helped a lot. I also think the battery life on the pro is shocking, I got the 2019 model so I haven’t had it that long. I use it for uni notes and I had to stop halfway through and use a notebook because the battery dropped so much :frown: but I haven’t gone through the settings on it, so I shall do the same! Hope it works though.

Might be hard as you’re drawing on it, but perhaps have the brightness of the lowest setting you can manage as well
Reply 3
Original post by summerberry19
Hey,

I assume you are using an Apple Pencil...
And yes, I know! When specifically using an Apple Pencil, the battery seems to drain out so so quickly! I have no idea why this is, but many of my iPad friends have the same problem.

However, I’m a bit worried considering it’s brand new. Maybe you are using the wrong charger...are you using the teeny iPhone charger or the chunky iPad one that came in the box?

That makes sense as my pencil is connected constantly, as like I said I only use the device for drawing so it wouldn’t make sense to constantly connect/reconnect. So essentially, I bought the iPad for nothing? Bc I definitely do need the pencil :colonhash:

I’m actually not sure what kind of charger this is, I just found it lying around lol! It’s triangular shaped...

thank you for the info
Reply 4
Original post by Paypurr
Hate to be one of them people, but google it. It will bring up stuff you can change in settings that can supposedly help the issue. I had the same problem with my iPhone and turned off analytics and turned off some stuff, whatever the articles suggested and it helped a lot. I also think the battery life on the pro is shocking, I got the 2019 model so I haven’t had it that long. I use it for uni notes and I had to stop halfway through and use a notebook because the battery dropped so much :frown: but I haven’t gone through the settings on it, so I shall do the same! Hope it works though.

Might be hard as you’re drawing on it, but perhaps have the brightness of the lowest setting you can manage as well

Good idea, I will spend time literally shutting off everything that is not essential lol! Haha, I thought about using it for notes too but seeing as it would die while doing absolutely nothing except having the screen on... nah :redface:

Can’t really compromise on the brightness I need to see the details in my drawings, but even with brightness midway it still drains like mad ...
Original post by Anonymous
That makes sense as my pencil is connected constantly, as like I said I only use the device for drawing so it wouldn’t make sense to constantly connect/reconnect. So essentially, I bought the iPad for nothing? Bc I definitely do need the pencil :colonhash:

I’m actually not sure what kind of charger this is, I just found it lying around lol! It’s triangular shaped...

thank you for the info

It’s so annoying, right? The file I’ve attached is the one that is supposed to be for iPads. I think you are using the iPhone one so maybe have a try with this one...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending