The Student Room Group

Educational Psychology Intake 2021

Hello

I am in the process of writing my personal statement for the ed psych intake for 2021, as it is a doctorate level I am looking for any advice or if anyone else is applying!! I have seen a few older forums for the 2018/19 intake, but nothing so far for this years intake

I am cautious as the word count is 8,000 I don't want to sound as though I am rambling on for the sake of it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello! Can’t offer much in the way of helpful advice at this point (as the AEP deadline has passed), but just wanted to say I’m also applying for this year’s intake. Good luck!
There have been some threads asking about EP training, but no specific discussion thread like this one :smile:

As the deadline has passed, good luck with your application @AnnaBanana44
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Has anyone received interviews yet?
Original post by Cat33333

I haven't heard anything yet - I think they had by this time in previous years, but presumably COVID has slowed everything down!
Reply 5
Original post by eleanorlowe
I haven't heard anything yet - I think they had by this time in previous years, but presumably COVID has slowed everything down!

How frustrating...well fingers crossed we hear soon.
Reply 6

Great to find this thread! I have one interview so far (heard back v recently), still waiting on the other two. I was expecting to hear back far later, so this came as something of a surprise!

Good luck everyone
Original post by meowoof
Great to find this thread! I have one interview so far (heard back v recently), still waiting on the other two. I was expecting to hear back far later, so this came as something of a surprise!

Good luck everyone

Congrats on your interview!! Which university is it that you’ve heard back from?
Original post by meowoof

Good luck everyone

Oh that's a good sign - congratulations to you!
Reply 9
Original post by dancer2804
Congrats on your interview!! Which university is it that you’ve heard back from?

Thanks! UEA; am still waiting on UCL and UCL IOE
Original post by eleanorlowe
Oh that's a good sign - congratulations to you!

Thank you:smile:
Original post by meowoof
Thank you:smile:

Well done! Oh I've applied IOE so yupp, still waiting...
(edited 3 years ago)
Well done! Oh I've applied IOE so yupp, still waiting...

Thank you:smile: I'm a student at IOE at the mo, think we could be waiting a while as all other admin seems to be seriously delayed
Anyone received offers from Tavistock or UEL?
Original post by meowoof
Thanks! UEA; am still waiting on UCL and UCL IOE

Can I ask about your personal statement - what kind of things did you include e.g A proposal or was it more skills centred?
Can I ask about your personal statement - what kind of things did you include e.g A proposal or was it more skills centred?

Sure; mine was definitely more skills/experience centred. I talked about my jobs and studies, and tied this into how my specific interests had developed.
Original post by meowoof
Sure; mine was definitely more skills/experience centred. I talked about my jobs and studies, and tied this into how my specific interests had developed.

Thanks for the response. It was one of the things that floored me actually, so I'll bear it in mind for next application cycle. Tavistock rejection so far. This year was an ambitious application from me, I'm an NQT and only really have experience with older kids (PRU TA) beforehand. Fingers crossed for you!
Thanks for the response. It was one of the things that floored me actually, so I'll bear it in mind for next application cycle. Tavistock rejection so far. This year was an ambitious application from me, I'm an NQT and only really have experience with older kids (PRU TA) beforehand. Fingers crossed for you!

It's difficult, there's not much guidance out there! Ahh you sound like a good candidate - must've been a hell of a year for you as an NQT! I spoke to the administrator at IOE earlier btw; they didn't tell me when interviews would be announced, but apparently shortlisting begins on 22nd Feb, so I assume we'll be hearing soon.
Reply 18
Hey,

Has anyone heard back from any of the northern unis yet? I've applied to Manchester, Newcastle and Sheffield.

Congrats to those who have already got interviews and good luck to everyone still waiting!!
Hey! I’ve applied to Newcastle but haven’t heard anything yet. Some current students I spoke to at the open day said they’d heard about interviews at around this time last year but I’m guessing things have been delayed due to covid.

Quick Reply

Latest