Urgent help a-level chemistry is making me cry

Watch
meticulouswizard
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Basically I have a test this Thursday on Atomic Structure ( this spec point in the AQA As Chem) and im struggling to understand fully the mass spec ( this I can recall but don;t understand how and why fully), energy levels, ionisation energies etc. , hellppp

I have watched snap revise all the videos for this relevant spec point and it helped with the basic concepts but not the hard ones.

I tried reading the notes on Physics and Maths tutor but still don't get the hard concepts.

My teacher goes too fast and is bad at explaining hard concepts and gets impatient urghhh.

HELPP PLEASE !!
Last edited by meticulouswizard; 9 months ago
Random134
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Study6076)
Basically I have a test this Thursday on Atomic Structure ( this spec point in the AQA As Chem) and im struggling to understand fully the mass spec ( this I can recall but don;t understand how and why fully), energy levels, ionisation energies etc. , hellppp

I have watched snap revise all the videos for this relevant spec point and it helped with the basic concepts but not the hard ones.

I tried reading the notes on Physics and Maths tutor but still don't get the hard concepts.

My teacher goes too fast and is bad at explaining hard concepts and gets impatient urghhh.

HELPP PLEASE !!
First don't panic you still have a day to revise so dw. And break your revision down go over your spec that helps me for A level Biology. On physics and maths tutor try doing the questions on particular topics that they have and everything you got wrong write it out on a flashcard and go over it again. Read through your notes and identify gaps in your knowledge. Whish u the best of luck
bambi1425
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I'd start off not worrying about the harder concepts. get the basic ones so you are confident and comfortable with them then introduce some of the harder ones.

also physics and maths tutor is amazing for practice questions

also tell your teacher you're struggling and maybe ask for an extra after school session (like a few minutes) or even another teacher who understands it (I've had some bio teachers explain chem better because obviously they aren't all chemistry and expect you to knwo bits)

I hope your test goes ok, try not to fret as it's not a mock but will help the teacher gauge if you need some more help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (55)
6.15%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.28%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (95)
10.61%
Lack of purpose or motivation (111)
12.4%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.92%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (48)
5.36%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (99)
11.06%
Financial worries (61)
6.82%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (41)
4.58%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.26%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.91%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (86)
9.61%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (72)
8.04%

Watched Threads