The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship start date

I have applied for a apprenticeship and I have been told I have got the apprenticeship and the recruiter is waiting for a start date from the employer. It has been 11 days since I’ve been told this and still no start date. Should I contact the apprenticeship recruiter or employer or should I just be patient??Does anyone know how long until you get a start date after securing a apprenticeship??Help please!!!!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Harrymehd
I have applied for a apprenticeship and I have been told I have got the apprenticeship and the recruiter is waiting for a start date from the employer. It has been 11 days since I’ve been told this and still no start date. Should I contact the apprenticeship recruiter or employer or should I just be patient??Does anyone know how long until you get a start date after securing a apprenticeship??Help please!!!!

You can drop the recruiter a follow up email asking if they’ve heard back, or give them a call :smile:

It’s common practice to chase things up, so don’t feel like you’re pestering people. I usually chase things up every day to once a month, depending on the urgency and business priority of the subject.
Reply 2
Original post by Chris2892
You can drop the recruiter a follow up email asking if they’ve heard back, or give them a call :smile:

It’s common practice to chase things up, so don’t feel like you’re pestering people. I usually chase things up every day to once a month, depending on the urgency and business priority of the subject.

I text the recruiter back yesterday (no reply) also rang him today no answer. Im not sure what is going on.
Original post by Harrymehd
I text the recruiter back yesterday (no reply) also rang him today no answer. Im not sure what is going on.

It’s also normal to struggle to get hold of people haha.

Perhaps contact the recruitment company and ask for the recruiter by name?

Chances are they’re working from home, but you may be able to get someone to chase them up, or the company, on your behalf.

You can expect some delays with the current circumstances. There’s nothing to worry about :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Chris2892
It’s also normal to struggle to get hold of people haha.

Perhaps contact the recruitment company and ask for the recruiter by name?

Chances are they’re working from home, but you may be able to get someone to chase them up, or the company, on your behalf.

You can expect some delays with the current circumstances. There’s nothing to worry about :smile:

Ok thank you for your help🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending