robwynn87
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi, this is a question regarding PhD funding from the UK government scheme.

I am not sure of my situation as yet, but I am a UK resident and there is the chance that I could (might have to) register for a philosophy MPhil for a year and then move onto PhD registration. Is studying an MPhil an eligible course for PhD funding from the UK government and in the manner in which this might work out for myself (i.e. transferring after a year)?

Thanks very much

Rob
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by robwynn87)
Hi, this is a question regarding PhD funding from the UK government scheme.

I am not sure of my situation as yet, but I am a UK resident and there is the chance that I could (might have to) register for a philosophy MPhil for a year and then move onto PhD registration. Is studying an MPhil an eligible course for PhD funding from the UK government and in the manner in which this might work out for myself (i.e. transferring after a year)?

Thanks very much

Rob
Hi Rob, if you have never had masters funding before then you could apply for a postgraduate masters loan for your MPhil and then apply for funding for the PhD afterwards and you should be eligible.

If you have studied a masters course before then you won't receive funding for the MPhil, you would have to self fund that but then you can apply for funding for the PhD afterwards.
Thanks, Isaac
robwynn87
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi Rob, if you have never had masters funding before then you could apply for a postgraduate masters loan for your MPhil and then apply for funding for the PhD afterwards and you should be eligible.

If you have studied a masters course before then you won't receive funding for the MPhil, you would have to self fund that but then you can apply for funding for the PhD afterwards.
Thanks, Isaac
Thank you, I suspected as much. I have had funding for a masters so I wouldn't be eligible.

Thanks

Rob
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by robwynn87)
Thank you, I suspected as much. I have had funding for a masters so I wouldn't be eligible.

Thanks

Rob
You're welcome. If you have any further queries please let me know
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
22.7%
Excited but a bit nervous (127)
45.04%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.77%
I'm really nervous (55)
19.5%

Watched Threads