Uni further readings

Watch
Alisha300
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Tips for effectively getting through my further readings anyone? I’m not sure if I should make notes? I am probably going to add a few notes to the stuff covered in the lectures but other than that do I need to make other notes on other topics that link but we didn’t go through? The books are kinda chunky so I feel so anxious to start them😭

University of Sussex Official Reps
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Alisha300)
Tips for effectively getting through my further readings anyone? I’m not sure if I should make notes? I am probably going to add a few notes to the stuff covered in the lectures but other than that do I need to make other notes on other topics that link but we didn’t go through? The books are kinda chunky so I feel so anxious to start them😭
Hello, as someone who has studied at the university for several years now, I would say that making notes on further reading material is generally not recommended. Further reading is there to peek your curiosity & increase your interest in the specific area/s of study, and to add some context to your core study material, but it is not there for you to memorize. Unless, your professor explicitly states that you need to learn a specific reading material for an assignment or exam, you will not be tested on the further reading content. So, there is absolutely no necessity for you to stress about getting through all of the recommended further reading. I would just pick and choose the content that you find especially interesting and want to find out more about!

I hope this eases some of your concerns. Let me know if you have any further questions. What subject do you study, if you don't mind me asking?

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student (MSCI) with a Year Abroad)
Last edited by University of Sussex Official Reps; 1 year ago
Alisha300
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by University of Sussex Official Reps)
Hello, as someone who has studied at the university for several years now, I would say that making notes on further reading material is generally not recommended. Further reading is there to peek your curiosity & increase your interest in the specific area/s of study, and to add some context to your core study material, but it is not there for you to memorize. Unless, your professor explicitly states that you need to learn a specific reading material for an assignment or exam, you will not be tested on the further reading content. So, there is absolutely no necessity for you to stress about getting through all of the recommended further reading. I would just pick and choose the content that you find especially interesting and want to find out more about!

I hope this eases some of your concerns. Let me know if you have any further questions. What subject do you study, if you don't mind me asking?

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student (MSCI) with a Year Abroad)
Hi, I am studying Psychology. Thank you so much for the advice I definitely feel better about it now
University of Sussex Official Reps
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Alisha300)
Hi, I am studying Psychology. Thank you so much for the advice I definitely feel better about it now
No worries! Always happy to help

Kasia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (162)
83.51%
No (32)
16.49%

Watched Threads