Sipakes123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I worked at tesco for 13yrs i recently got the sack for gross misconduct and now i need to get a reference for a new job do Tesco have to explain the reason why i left my role or not in my reference
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Sipakes123)
I worked at tesco for 13yrs i recently got the sack for gross misconduct and now i need to get a reference for a new job do Tesco have to explain the reason why i left my role or not in my reference
What exactly did you get sacked for?

If you were fired, then Tesco will probably mention it.
What exactly they say may depend on what the new employer asks.
If the new employer just asks for a general reference, then what exactly Tesco say and how much detail they go into regarding your sacking will be up to them.
Some employers ask specific questions in references, regarding stuff like your suitability for the job etc etc. If so, they usually ask a question in there about any warnings or other disciplinary action, in which case tesco will have to mention it.
Or Tesco could just choose to not give you a reference at all. That's up to them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (78)
16.46%
No one else does (142)
29.96%
I'm embarrassed about my background (55)
11.6%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (167)
35.23%
We don't use a video platform (8)
1.69%
I don't have a camera (11)
2.32%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
2.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise