The Student Room Group

sex during freshers

Scroll to see replies

Fabregas1989
so far, sunshine, 1 in 3 people who read this thread and voted had sex during freshers week. more of an orgy than normal situations, where 1 in 3 don't have casual sex

No, 7.5% of people who voted had sex during freshers. A higher number said they would, if given the opportunity.
prash_s90
ille be looking out for you especially :wink:

someones not had some in a while :p:
Nope, staying with my girlfriend. :wink:
Reply 43
Fabregas1989
interesting how that, so far, most people who've commented "yes" on this thread are male

Based on our sample, they must have done it with each other :yes:
SmilerNuts
No, 7.5% of people who voted had sex during freshers. A higher number said they would, if given the opportunity.

no- 8:16 so 8/24 =1/3
Reply 45
mire
that's a very sexist thing to say, and very, very outdated.

It's not remotely outdated, indeed I imagine it is something that will be with humanity for as long as we have gender divides.

As for sexist, no, it's an observation. Sexism is discriminating against people illogically on the basis of their gender, not recognising that social and cultural gender differences exist.
Reply 46
prash_s90
ille be looking out for you especially :wink:

Freshers Week at Salford University :wink:
Reply 47
mire

The Pav turns into a cattle market during... well.. anytime, actually. But even moreso during Freshers. Don't look there :no:
Reply 48
L i b
It's not remotely outdated, indeed I imagine it is something that will be with humanity for as long as we have gender divides.

As for sexist, no, it's an observation. Sexism is discriminating against people illogically on the basis of their gender, not recognising that social and cultural gender differences exist.

No, it's sexist. Your mentality is sexist. If you keep on saying a girl is a 'slut' because she has sex with different guys, then the argument will go on. It's people like you with a 19th century mentality who keep this stupidity going on.
Reply 49
manderlay in flames
no- 8:16 so 8/24 =1/3

big up big up:wink:
have you seen the hot actors starting at Central this year?! :eek: i so would :yep:
i'm not gonna actively seek it, but if it comes my way then :wink:
Reply 51
seeing as I'm bringing a suitcase full of condoms - yes. Hopefully my dick will be on autodrive and just tapping all available poonani in Essex :biggrin:
mire
No, it's sexist. Your mentality is sexist. If you keep on saying a girl is a 'slut' because she has sex with different guys, then the argument will go on. It's people like you with a 19th century mentality who keep this stupidity going on.

Do you know any girls who wouldn't settle with a formerly promiscuous guy? I know many guys who wouldn't settle with formerly promiscuous girls, so Lib's advice would seem to be founded?
Reply 53
Once after the welcome party, and once towards the end after a particularly heavy pub crawl. Both quite fun. Though the pub crawl was organised by my sports club and the morning after was quite awkward between me and this boy, meaning that I was plunged straight into having this odd relationship with someone I met quite often all year, which I now quite enjoy having but could have ended badly, so I probably regret that a bit.
Reply 54
manderlay in flames
Do you know any girls who wouldn't settle with a formerly promiscuous guy? I know many guys who wouldn't settle with formerly promiscuous girls, so Lib's advice would seem to be founded?

But why wouldn't the guys settle with the girls? In most cases it would be because she would have the 'slut' tag. Many girls are also influenced by the "oh he had loads of sex he might not love me" thought.
Reply 55
mire

I did not say it once, but I acknowledge that is how women are seen; and not without justification - female attitudes and experiences relating to sex are entirely different to their male equivalent.

There's nothing 19th century about it. As I observed in my previous post, I imagine this will be something that is utterly timeless. A few feminist rants on a discussion board will not change that.
mire

freshers week at manchester university :wink:
L i b
I did not say it once, but I acknowledge that is how women are seen; and not without justification - female attitudes and experiences relating to sex are entirely different to their male equivalent.

There's nothing 19th century about it. As I observed in my previous post, I imagine this will be something that is utterly timeless. A few feminist rants on a discussion board will not change that.

Because it's based in genetics
miranda7719
someones not had some in a while :p:

lol its that obvious eh :frown: *sigh*
Reply 59
manderlay in flames

I have also never seen a man regret having sex with someone, save for someone who was extraordinarily ugly.

Meanwhile I've seen many girls end up as tearful wrecks after the act.

As I say, entirely different attitudes towards it. Men who have sex a lot are usually if anything a bit cocky - whereas I have never met a woman who does the same thing without having all manner of self-esteem issues and so forth.

mire
But why wouldn't the guys settle with the girls? In most cases it would be because she would have the 'slut' tag.

More or less.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending