The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan for distance learning?

Hello, is it possible to get maintenance loan if I will do distance learning? I m about to start UG studies at Arden University, 1st year and it's completely online as distance learning.
Thank you.
Original post by ewa11
Hello, is it possible to get maintenance loan if I will do distance learning? I m about to start UG studies at Arden University, 1st year and it's completely online as distance learning.
Thank you.

Hi, is this full time or part time.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Full time.
Original post by ewa11
Full time.

The full list of evidence required to apply for a Maintenance Loan:
-Medical evidence from your GP and/or Consultant confirming that the your condition prevents you from travelling to/from your university and physically attending your university.
-Evidence (this could be emails/correspondence between the yourself and different universities) detailing that you have had discussions with different universities about the facilities available or accessibility as well as why the universities cannot accommodate the your requirements/needs.
-Written confirmation from yourself on how your condition impacts your day-to-day life.
-Evidence from yourself showing how you support yourself financially i.e. benefits/employment.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Isaac
The full list of evidence required to apply for a Maintenance Loan:
-Medical evidence from your GP and/or Consultant confirming that the your condition prevents you from travelling to/from your university and physically attending your university.
-Evidence (this could be emails/correspondence between the yourself and different universities) detailing that you have had discussions with different universities about the facilities available or accessibility as well as why the universities cannot accommodate the your requirements/needs.
-Written confirmation from yourself on how your condition impacts your day-to-day life.
-Evidence from yourself showing how you support yourself financially i.e. benefits/employment.

Thanks, Isaac

Thanks for reply but I don't have any health condition.
The university offers distance online learning only. Is it still possible to get maintenance loan?
It's Arden University.

Thank you.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ewa11
Thanks for reply but I don't have any health condition.
The university offers distance online learning only. Is it still possible to get maintenance loan?
It's Arden University.

Thank you.

Hi, no you are not eligible unless you have a disability that prevents you from physically attending.
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by ewa11
Thank you.

@ewa11

It looks like Isaac from the student finance company has answered your question. I would like to add that I am currently studying at Arden University (MSc Psychology) and I have found their support services to be fantastic. They gave me a lot of advice directly to do with funding and also the nature of the course

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
Reply 7
Original post by Arden University
@ewa11

It looks like Isaac from the student finance company has answered your question. I would like to add that I am currently studying at Arden University (MSc Psychology) and I have found their support services to be fantastic. They gave me a lot of advice directly to do with funding and also the nature of the course

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Hello,
I noticed, university offers two options: 100% online distance learning only and then second option: blended learning. I actually prefer the blended learning. And I think, in that case I could be eligible for maintenance loan as well? Am I right? Thank you.
Original post by ewa11
Hello,
I noticed, university offers two options: 100% online distance learning only and then second option: blended learning. I actually prefer the blended learning. And I think, in that case I could be eligible for maintenance loan as well? Am I right? Thank you.

It is possible to receive the Maintenance Loan if it's a blended learning course.
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by ewa11
Hello,

Hi @ewa11,

We ran a couple of virtual open days recently each for distance/online learning and blended learning if you would like to compare the two:

Blended Learning: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/865432609404264205
Online Learning: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/2259386854051037708

Let me know if you have any questions about Arden :smile:

Thanks,
Amy

Quick Reply

Latest