Want more information about this university?
thenightseer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
i visited camberwell college of arts last year and i fell in love with the place and location. i'm thinking of applying for either ba fine art: painting or illustration next year, with camberwell being my top choice. I was wondering if it's competitive to get into there. i know some places like slade and csm are notoriously hard to get into, and others very easy. i was wondering if camberwell is more on the easy or hard side.

for context, i'm currently leaning toward the fine art: painting course right now, although i have very little experience in painting (i did a level graphic design) so that probably makes it harder for me to get accepted onto a painting course. i would greatly appreciate any help! thank you
University of the Arts London Student Reps
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by thenightseer)
i visited camberwell college of arts last year and i fell in love with the place and location. i'm thinking of applying for either ba fine art: painting or illustration next year, with camberwell being my top choice. I was wondering if it's competitive to get into there. i know some places like slade and csm are notoriously hard to get into, and others very easy. i was wondering if camberwell is more on the easy or hard side.

for context, i'm currently leaning toward the fine art: painting course right now, although i have very little experience in painting (i did a level graphic design) so that probably makes it harder for me to get accepted onto a painting course. i would greatly appreciate any help! thank you
Hey thenightseer,

The competitive nature of a course should never stop you from applying for it. How competitive the courses are differ every year based on the uptake of students etc. so I can't really tell you if a course is competitive or not.

If you really love Camberwell, the college and course they offer, then go for it.

Majority of our courses at UAL look at your portfolio rather than your qualifications on application. There are some great tips on preparing you portfolio on our website, you can find the page here. Many students going on to study a BA in fine art would carry out a foundation course first but you can apply straight after A levels if you feel ready. We offer two foundations here at UAL: Camberwell and Central Saint Martins or you can carry out a foundation at your local college.

I hope that helps and please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.

Good luck with you application.

Kindest,

Tegan
UAL Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads