The Student Room Group

Medical personal statement

Should I include some sort of science related stuff in my personal statement if I’m applying to medicine? Currently I only have like people and emotional sort of stuff and 2 of my teachers told me to add something sciencey but that means cutting out one of my paragraph- but another teacher (head of year) just cut that paragraph out when I did it? They did say different teachers have different views but should I still add some science into it? Bio/chem lessons maybe to include analytical skills
Academic content should be secondary to the work experience and volunteering side of things. There is no point mentioning A Levels though
Reply 2
Original post by Interrobang
Academic content should be secondary to the work experience and volunteering side of things. There is no point mentioning A Levels though

What sort of academic content would be acceptable? Keeping up to date with the news?
Original post by Yazomi
What sort of academic content would be acceptable? Keeping up to date with the news?

Something medicine related, so e.g. genetics study/recent treatment development, new understanding of a particular illness... Realistically, you won't have space though
Reply 4
Original post by Interrobang
Something medicine related, so e.g. genetics study/recent treatment development, new understanding of a particular illness... Realistically, you won't have space though

Yeah true thanks still! I remember when lock down happened and I was panicking so much Coz I had no work experience and now I couldn’t even mention all of my experience so panicked for nothing
In terms of science, only add something out with A-levels. I personally added something on some medical lectures I attended- but it was literally 2 sentences. If you've read a relevant book then you could include that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending