madpaddington
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
My acknowledgement email from York stated that given current circumstances, students will not be required to attend an interview. They said that instead, students will be asked to complete an online self-assessment form. Any ideas what this might be?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by madpaddington)
My acknowledgement email from York stated that given current circumstances, students will not be required to attend an interview. They said that instead, students will be asked to complete an online self-assessment form. Any ideas what this might be?
I believe York normally interview to check that candidates are aware of their problem based approach to learing and are suitable for this approach - keen on group work and so on. They are one of the few law schools to use PBL so I imagine they will use the assessment to check students suitablility for this learning style as well as their suitability generally for studying law

https://www.york.ac.uk/law/undergraduate/pbl/
Ash 1908
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Ive got the same email from york. I understand what pbl is but is there an actual form to submit to them or is it just a self reflection thing?
madpaddington
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Ash 1908)
Ive got the same email from york. I understand what pbl is but is there an actual form to submit to them or is it just a self reflection thing?
Just a self assessment to make sure you think PBL is right for you!
Random_guy001
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I received the same email. I would like to ask if I should just copy and paste or should I further elaborate? Not sure how the system works
Advertisement
Rafa Mateus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
what did you end up doing?
madpaddington
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by Random_guy001)
I received the same email. I would like to ask if I should just copy and paste or should I further elaborate? Not sure how the system works
Just copy and paste, I wouldn't do more than what they ask as it's just a confirmation that you personally think PBL is a good fit for you.
Advertisement
Mazlopan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
are the questions the exact same as the ones on the site? do we just type out our answers? and should they be relatively short
madpaddington
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by Mazlopan)
are the questions the exact same as the ones on the site? do we just type out our answers? and should they be relatively short
Not sure what you’re asking here. If you’ve been asked to complete the self assessment just read the instructions properly - you do not need to write your answers, it’s just an opportunity for you to get a feel for PBL.

If you feel that PBL is right for you then send them an email with the statement they ask you to write - no more, no less. It’s really simple.
Advertisement
moe1337
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I have the same problem I have read the pbl page and understood it and i understand that you have to send a reply with saying you want to procceed but do I need to submit some kind of essay to why I think PBL is good for me?
madpaddington
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by moe1337)
I have the same problem I have read the pbl page and understood it and i understand that you have to send a reply with saying you want to procceed but do I need to submit some kind of essay to why I think PBL is good for me?
No, read the instructions carefully. Just send them what they ask for, which is the statement they give you to copy and paste in the email.
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (595)
49.21%
No (614)
50.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise