The Student Room Group

Chances of school letting me sit my self taught pratical endorsments for A level phys

I'm in year 13. I want to self teach computer science or physics and sit the exam by june 2021. I know you have to be tested on praticals for physics but what about computer science? Also what is the likelihood of my sixth form allowing me to do praticals with them? how does it work since I will be an external candidate? I am reluctant to ask the school since I'm scared they'll think me silly for asking such questions?
Hey, I do A levels as an independent candidate outside of my school as well, mine doesn't involve practical assessments so I'm not too sure how that would work, but if you go on the AQA website there is a list of schools and colleges that take external candidates, if you email the school or college they should be able to help you :smile:
Original post by anowareff
I'm in year 13. I want to self teach computer science or physics and sit the exam by june 2021. I know you have to be tested on praticals for physics but what about computer science? Also what is the likelihood of my sixth form allowing me to do praticals with them? how does it work since I will be an external candidate? I am reluctant to ask the school since I'm scared they'll think me silly for asking such questions?

Hey. You can sit Physics without doing the practicals, but you won't get the practical endorsement which could be an issue. For Computer Science, you need to sit the non-exam component to get the qualification. If your school teaches either of these subjects then it's possible they might let you do them. Is there any reason why you couldn't take Physics or Computer Science normally?

Quick Reply

Latest