Illustration with Animation BA Hons: Is it any good?

Watch
pea_bean_21
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I’m thinking of doing either ‘Animation’ or ‘Animation with Illustration’ at Manchester Metropolitan University in 2021 and I was wondering if anyone here did either of those courses at MMU.

The ‘Animation with Illustration’ course is fairly new from what I’ve heard so I can’t find much about it so it would be great to know what it’s like from a student’s perspective.

Specifically, I would like to know what type of animation is done on the course and if it has an in-depth study of it, not like a one-off unit or something. Also, what is student life like? Are the teachers, facilities and the university in general any good?

I currently live in Leicester so I can go to DMU to study Animation but I am able to relocate to Manchester, MMU being the only other uni I can go to that does ‘Illustration with Animation’.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by pea_bean_21)
I’m thinking of doing either ‘Animation’ or ‘Animation with Illustration’ at Manchester Metropolitan University in 2021 and I was wondering if anyone here did either of those courses at MMU.

The ‘Animation with Illustration’ course is fairly new from what I’ve heard so I can’t find much about it so it would be great to know what it’s like from a student’s perspective.

Specifically, I would like to know what type of animation is done on the course and if it has an in-depth study of it, not like a one-off unit or something. Also, what is student life like? Are the teachers, facilities and the university in general any good?

I currently live in Leicester so I can go to DMU to study Animation but I am able to relocate to Manchester, MMU being the only other uni I can go to that does ‘Illustration with Animation’.

Hi pea_bean_21 :hello:

Great to hear you're interested in applying to study at Manchester Met in 2021 .

Regarding your questions about the two courses, BA (Hons) Illustration a brand-new course that will launch for the first time in September 2021, as part of the new Manchester School of Digital Arts (SODA). If you would like to find out more about this course, I would recommend signing up to one of our Virtual Open Days, as you will get the opportunity to interact with course tutors and get all your questions answered! You can sign up and register your interest here :top:.

We also have BA (Hons) Illustration with Animation, which is part of our Manchester School of Art (MSoA). The course has been offered to students for quite a while and you can read more about it here. You can also contact one our current students on the course through The Access Platform feature on our website and ask all the questions you may have!

I hope this helps - if you have any other questions, just give us a shout

Cheers,

Luca
AkechisPancakes
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by pea_bean_21)

Hii, I’ve also applied for illustration with animation for this year 2021 in MMU. I’m also trying find out more about people’s experiences from this course
pea_bean_21
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hiya! That’s cool! Maybe we’ll end up being in the same class if we get into MMU! ^ - ^
AkechisPancakes
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hopefully I get in. That would be awesome if we were in the same class too!! ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Also is it okay to ask if you’ve already uploaded your portfolio or received any interview dates?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.32%
Uncertainty around my education (65)
11.52%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.7%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
13.3%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (32)
5.67%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (28)
4.96%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (60)
10.64%
Financial worries (35)
6.21%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (22)
3.9%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.03%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.66%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (56)
9.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (46)
8.16%

Watched Threads