sofielazarous2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm currently in year 12, studying 3 A levels which are Geography, Psychology and IT. I really want to go into an Environmental Science or A Biological Sciences Course... But in terms of the Environmental Science/ Plant science course would i need to take Biology? I'm taking Geography and Psychology is a type of science. So would that be good enough?
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sofielazarous2)
I'm currently in year 12, studying 3 A levels which are Geography, Psychology and IT. I really want to go into an Environmental Science or A Biological Sciences Course... But in terms of the Environmental Science/ Plant science course would i need to take Biology? I'm taking Geography and Psychology is a type of science. So would that be good enough?
Hi sofielazarous2

It is great that you are considering Environmental Science. We offer BSc (Hons) Environmental Science here at Hull. Ou entry requirements for this course are BBB (A-level) / DDM (Btec) which is equivalent to 120 UCAS points.
Applicants should have A level Biology/Applied Science/Environmental Science/Geology/Geography/Chemistry/Maths or Physics at Grade C or above (or merit from relevant BTEC). Applicants taking the reformed A-level must also Pass the practical element.

But it’s not just about the grades – we’ll look at your whole application. We want to know what makes you tick, and about your previous experience, so make sure that you complete your personal statement.

But if you are worried that you still won't meet the entry requirements or that you don't have the correct subjects, I would advise contacting the admissions team of the university - [email protected] as they are in the best position to advise you

further information about the environmental science course is available on our website - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/undergr...ience-bsc-hons

As for biological sciences:
Bsc Biology, BSc Marine Biology & BSc Zoology - Applicants should have A level Biology/Applied Science at Grade C or above

Further details about these courses can be found on our website - https://www.hull.ac.uk/faculties/sub...ogical-science

I hope this is helpful

All the best with whichever degree you decide to pursue

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (549)
34.01%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (665)
41.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (327)
20.26%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.52%

Watched Threads