The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Graduation November 2020- Coventry university

Does Anyone have an update on graduation for those who passed in August.

I feel like Cov uni is keeping us in the dark.
Khusra thara mava na lagana
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Khusra thara mava na lagana

How did you know?
Original post by Raatguzini
Does Anyone have an update on graduation for those who passed in August.

I feel like Cov uni is keeping us in the dark.

Hi Raatguzini,

Here is the link for the official statement about graduations this summer. It appears that the same applies to those who are due to graduate if you finished your degree in August. If you have any further questions about graduation, use the email address or telephone number provided on the page:

+44 (0) 24 7765 2200
[email protected]

You should also find out more information about your degree classification and certificate via your solar account if you haven't checked already.

I hope this helps,

Amy
Coventry University - Coventry
Biomedical Science student
Reply 4
Honestly, compared to what I have heard other Universities doing for their students I am highly disappointed with Coventry University and I never expected this from them.They have now told us we will be having a virtual graduation but it seems to only be for those that deferred and passed in August, as my friends who received their degree in July have not heard anything. Considering that other universities are delaying their graduation until next year in the hopes that it can be in person, I do not understand why Cov Uni has taken this route and so many students have been left disappointed and upset by this.They need to do better, it's just depressing
Original post by xLiyahh
Honestly, compared to what I have heard other Universities doing for their students I am highly disappointed with Coventry University and I never expected this from them.They have now told us we will be having a virtual graduation but it seems to only be for those that deferred and passed in August, as my friends who received their degree in July have not heard anything. Considering that other universities are delaying their graduation until next year in the hopes that it can be in person, I do not understand why Cov Uni has taken this route and so many students have been left disappointed and upset by this.They need to do better, it's just depressing

Hi xLiyahh,

I am deeply sorry about how you feel about graduation. We live in truly unprecedented times and unfortunately graduation as we know it is not possible. I also got my degree by post in July and personally was really happy with such outcome as it meant I can have my diploma without putting my family, myself and everyone else at risk.

How about contacting your course director to find out if there is a possibility to delay your graduation? In my experience, Coventry University always tries to be very accommodating so hopefully you will work out the option that works for you!

Kind regards,

Monika
Coventry Campus
LLB International Law
Reply 6
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hi xLiyahh,

I am deeply sorry about how you feel about graduation. We live in truly unprecedented times and unfortunately graduation as we know it is not possible. I also got my degree by post in July and personally was really happy with such outcome as it meant I can have my diploma without putting my family, myself and everyone else at risk.

How about contacting your course director to find out if there is a possibility to delay your graduation? In my experience, Coventry University always tries to be very accommodating so hopefully you will work out the option that works for you!

Kind regards,

Monika
Coventry Campus
LLB International Law

Hi Monika,

I understand the times that we are currently facing and was not suggesting that people should be put a risk for students to enjoy their graduation day.
What most of us are finding upsetting is that unlike many unis who have simply deferred the graduation to ensure it would be a physical celebration Coventry uni has decided to simply palm us off with a virtual graduation which to a lot of students has been upsetting to hear and many of my classmates are not even bothering to register for it as it just upset them further and was rather disappointing.

Thank you for the advice,

Aliyah
Original post by xLiyahh
Hi Monika,

I understand the times that we are currently facing and was not suggesting that people should be put a risk for students to enjoy their graduation day.
What most of us are finding upsetting is that unlike many unis who have simply deferred the graduation to ensure it would be a physical celebration Coventry uni has decided to simply palm us off with a virtual graduation which to a lot of students has been upsetting to hear and many of my classmates are not even bothering to register for it as it just upset them further and was rather disappointing.

Thank you for the advice,

Aliyah

Hi Aliyah,

I completely understand how frustrating it is not having the celebration deserved after completing these degrees. As there are many ceremonies throughout the year, deferring them all and organising it for next year may be very difficult. They have put the virtual ceremonies in place for something to commemorate the occasion. I know this isn't the same as an in person event.

Please forward any thoughts to the graduation team on the contact details below to make them aware of how students are feeling. I'm sorry that there isn't more we can do for you :frown:.

+44 (0) 24 7765 2200
[email protected]

Amy
Coventry University - Coventry
Biomedical Science student

Quick Reply

Latest