The Student Room Group

gcse grades for lse and cambridge

are my gcses enough for a competitive application to LSE and cambridge?
gcse grades: maths 9 , physics 8 , chemistry 9 , biology 8 , history 6 , eng lit and lang 5, psychology 5 , economics 5
what subject do u want to apply for ? and what a levels and predicted do u have?
What subject?
Just FYI, LSE generally requires at least a 6 in both Maths and English language. Your 5 in English language is likely to disadvantage you in an LSE application unless you have extenuating circumstances.
Reply 4
Original post by WassupLadz
what subject do u want to apply for ? and what a levels and predicted do u have?

im currently doing maths, further maths , physics and chemistry and predicted to get A*A*AA respectively . Im looking to apply to lse and ucl for economics and statistics at ucl and econometrics and mathematics for economics at lse
Not the strongest grades, and will certainly dog your application a little.

However, assuming that the other areas of your application are very strong (reference and personal statement), you definitely stand a chance.
Reply 6
Original post by hw8
Not the strongest grades, and will certainly dog your application a little.

However, assuming that the other areas of your application are very strong (reference and personal statement), you definitely stand a chance.

do you think that i would have a good chance at getting into the MORSE course at warwick?
For Cambridge I doubt it'll matter much provided you are predicted A*A*A or above (ideally with one or both A*s in your maths subjects). For LSE as above there may be issues though.

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
you need 9 9's
You're looking to apply for economics but only got a 5 at GCSE? Could be a hard sell.
Original post by Theloniouss
You're looking to apply for economics but only got a 5 at GCSE? Could be a hard sell.

lol yeah and not doing it at A level? doesn't make a whole lot of sense

Quick Reply

Latest