The Student Room Group

I need help with A Level Economics

I have the worst teacher for A Level economics, practically he teach us from a book, and he copy the text and the information from the book and to the board like he doesn't explain to us. I started year 12 and i'm quite behind for economics. Please i need help. I do OCR
Reply 1
Can anybody send me a PDF book OCR economics A level year 1, i really need help and sending resources. My target grade is A.
Original post by kikomi
Can anybody send me a PDF book OCR economics A level year 1, i really need help and sending resources. My target grade is A.

Why don't you start searching on the internet? Check out You Tube. What about your local library - does it not do online resources? What about your school/college library?

Checkout (online) a geezer called Adam Smith - I think he had something to do with your subject; wealth of nations, wasn't it?

Ebay for an Economics dictionary & other tomes...
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by kikomi
I have the worst teacher for A Level economics, practically he teach us from a book, and he copy the text and the information from the book and to the board like he doesn't explain to us. I started year 12 and i'm quite behind for economics. Please i need help. I do OCR

For Economics or A level subjects in general, I wouldn't depend on teachers, use them as a revision and consolidation tool. There are many good resources online: EconplusDal (highly recommend, especially with graphs), Paj Holden, Tutor2u. If you are willing to invest some money: Uplearn is a good shout if you put in the work. It's these videos and questions which make learning enjoyable and interesting. I got an A with it this year. If you have free school meals, they give it for free I think as well.
Reply 4
Original post by Grizwuld
Why don't you start searching on the internet? Check out You Tube. What about your local library - does it not do online resources? What about your school/college library?

Checkout (online) a geezer called Adam Smith - I think he had something to do with your subject; wealth of nations, wasn't it?

Ebay for an Economics dictionary & other tomes...

My sixth form doesn't allow us to go to the library to get the resources because of this virus. i will try the online and thanks for helping me :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by etienne26
For Economics or A level subjects in general, I wouldn't depend on teachers, use them as a revision and consolidation tool. There are many good resources online: EconplusDal (highly recommend, especially with graphs), Paj Holden, Tutor2u. If you are willing to invest some money: Uplearn is a good shout if you put in the work. It's these videos and questions which make learning enjoyable and interesting. I got an A with it this year. If you have free school meals, they give it for free I think as well.

Thank you so much for the online resources, i will check the websites online, can you tell me tips to get an A?

I did the free trial for the Uplearn but it didn't helped me that much but they are interesting, at the moment i'm using snaprevise is kinda helping me with the content and they clearly explain about the economics.

I have done the online research such as get revising and i got some resources such as flashcards and the power point.

Quick Reply

Latest