The Student Room Group

Ex tried to frame me

My girlfriend and I dated for three years and in all that time our families were friends, especially our sisters. We had a good relationship, despite it being long distanced. But we broke up after she accused me of hacking her Facebook account, a thing I wouldn't even know how to do. A few years later in 2020, she reported me to the police, claiming that I had harrsassed her. We hadn't spoken for a few years and I had no contact with her family and neither did our families. I received a message from her older sister on FB telling me that my ex had reported me to the police. Her sister told me she hoped I would go down for the crime. But I had no clue as to what she was speaking about. When the police came knocking, they gave me a warning, but I knew from a mutual friend they never knocked at my ex's front door.
Did she actually have proof that you did anything? Blindly accusing you of something so serious can cause major problems. I'm guessing she didn't have proof since the police gave you a warning and never went to you, so they couldn't do anything about it. I'm sorry to hear that though, I hope everything works out!
Reply 2
I’m so sorry to read that you went through all these. I know it must be terrible after 3 years to be treated like that! Taken that you haven’t done such thing, I would ask for your ex’s age as it could be that she might be suffering from a psychological condition like schizophrenia and usually at the age of 21 could be the onset of that condition. Again I’m really sorry for you, but if it helps it might have nothing to do with you and possibly she’s in a difficult psychological state.

Quick Reply

Latest