The Student Room Group

Is JK Rowling actually transphobic?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CyclinZH1
Again, it does not matter how rare the problem is.

And according to your logic there should not be different bathrooms at all, completely irrespective of the question who gets to enter possible seperated ones.

You are showing nothing but your disdain for women wanting boundaries.

It absolutely does matter how rare the problem is. One case is not enough to justify discriminating against hundreds of thousands of people.

I have no objection to getting rid of all segregated bathrooms.
Original post by SHallowvale
It absolutely does matter how rare the problem is. One case is not enough to justify discriminating against hundreds of thousands of people.

I have no objection to getting rid of all segregated bathrooms.

No, it doesn't, but it explains why you want to dump a male problem onto women.

Clearly you do not respect boundaries. Or is it just women's boundaries?
Original post by CyclinZH1
No, it doesn't, but it explains why you want to dump a male problem onto women.

Clearly you do not respect boundaries. Or is it just women's boundaries?

If that's what you wish to call it then... sure?
She isn’t.
Original post by SHallowvale
If that's what you wish to call it then... sure?

I don't wish to call it that, it is that.
Original post by caravaggio2
Anybody that won't date a transwoman/man is transphobic according to some leading activists.
In that case I'm happily transphobic. 😁👍

Why someone should date a transwoman/man in the first place? They need to be sexually attracted to them first.

Lack of sexual attraction by no means is equivalent to the ludicrous claim of transphobia.

Phobia=fear
I don't think anyone fears transexual people. Another badly constructed word 'transphobia' which serves political 'correctness' issues and with the usual purpose of reducing criticisms in the field..

The most ludicrous conversations I have ever seen are taking place when transpeople and issues around their rights and sexuality are involved.

They can do as they please and it is their right to feel and behave as they want to. No issue with this!
But their politics and their often interference of politics in science in regards to their issues is just unacceptable!!!

Their choices are their choices. But they shouldn't demand that others approve and verify their choices.
Original post by Pythian
JK Rowling is not a bigot. It's ridiculous to even suggest so.

It's part of our oppressive, remorseless and polarised world that merely questioning/challenging an ideology is enough to reduce a person to an execration, sacked from any job you may have, and face an unrelenting mob hatred, and face the serious possibility of having the police knock on your door.

I think our world has become so arched and extreme as earlier periods of the 20th century. It's impossible to question or challenge the Communist agenda without being simultaneously calumnied as being "counter-revolutionary". There is no scope for disagreement or subtlety here. It should be possible to articulate a view - any view - without having some phobia/malady inhered to you: without having to run for fear of your life and existence. This is what fascism/communism look like. There is no accommodation for dissent and disagreement. There is only one right answer: the official answer. And those who deviate are reduced to rats and spat upon. It's the equivalent of a cultural purge. It's impossible to disagree or question trans ideology without similarly being excoriated and arraigned before the mob of social media as some contorted arthritic hater of people - condemned as a veritable racist and with every other term of execration and malediction hurdled at you. I suppose the fact that she has worked at one point for Amnesty International counts for nothing.

It's the same, tragic & lamentable mentality as with Brexit.

Absolutely!!

Cultural purge to its finest!!

How is this achieved? Only if you subscribe to the ludicrous ideas of political correctness or political direction to be more precise!

Transphobia... Really?? A made up term in order to reduce criticisms or even silencing them when ludicrous claims and conversations happen in the field.
Phobia=fear
Nobody fears transpeople. Likewise nobody fears Muslims...but Islamophobia is also there as an attempt to reduce and even silence criticisms of that particular Religion.

Best way forward, don't subscribe to this political correctness. Just keep criticising as normal and everything will be fine.

'I am offended' As these two words constitute an argument..
Christopher Hitchens

All these however attacks and attempts in reducing or even silencing criticisms are usually cheap and have no much success. If they did have everyone will be convicted in a court of law as racist, fascist, phobic of any kind, hater and so on.

So keep criticising and let's hope this paranoia goes away in the future.
Reply 47
The champagne glass is the cherry on top here.
No I don't view her as one. Of course in this day and age it's best to keep your opinions to yourself anyway.
No she's not. Men are men women are women.It's that simple

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending