username5434772
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hello everyone,

Applications for the JP Morgan Tech Connect programme have been open for a bit now. I've already applied and went through the process up until the HireVue, which I completed about three weeks ago. I haven't heard anything back yet and was wondering if anyone here has heard back. I can also give pointers to people who want to apply.

Thank you!
goodluck!
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi there! I've been invited to HireVue interview a few days ago and am preparing for the interview now. If you could share any tips or insights on the interview, that'll be great! Also, do you happen to know if all Tech Connect participants will proceed to Software Engineer graduate programme or there will be another round of selection?
username5434772
Rep:
?
(Original post by goodluck!)
Hi there! I've been invited to HireVue interview a few days ago and am preparing for the interview now. If you could share any tips or insights on the interview, that'll be great! Also, do you happen to know if all Tech Connect participants will proceed to Software Engineer graduate programme or there will be another round of selection?
The interview was pretty straight forward, I got two motivational questions and then a coding problem. I'm not sure if the the motivational questions will be the same for everyone but mines were something along the lines of why software engineering and what coding skills do you have. The coding problem can be difficult depending on how much code you know, but they let you answer it in a language of your choice. I'd recommend doing some leetcode easy problems as I feel that's the level my question was at (even though I found it challenging). Also I'm pretty sure all Tech Connect participants proceed to the SE graduate programme, its just worded weirdly on their website. All the best!
goodluck!
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and advice in details! All the best for the rest of your application, too!!
mediocreman12
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I did the hirevue ages ago but haven't heard anything. Safe to assume rejection?
username5434772
Rep:
?
(Original post by mediocreman12)
I did the hirevue ages ago but haven't heard anything. Safe to assume rejection?
Not sure if I am being naive but I don't think its safe to assume yet, because most assessment centres open up around mid October.
lala___land
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
what was the coding question you were asked in the hirevue round?
Last edited by lala___land; 11 months ago
username5434772
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Anyone heard back?
appatamix564
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by zebraaaa)
The interview was pretty straight forward, I got two motivational questions and then a coding problem. I'm not sure if the the motivational questions will be the same for everyone but mines were something along the lines of why software engineering and what coding skills do you have. The coding problem can be difficult depending on how much code you know, but they let you answer it in a language of your choice. I'd recommend doing some leetcode easy problems as I feel that's the level my question was at (even though I found it challenging). Also I'm pretty sure all Tech Connect participants proceed to the SE graduate programme, its just worded weirdly on their website. All the best!
Hi Zebraaaa thanks so much for sharing!! What kind of coding do you recommend we practice for the interview - python or Java?
username5434772
Rep:
?
(Original post by appatamix564)
Hi Zebraaaa thanks so much for sharing!! What kind of coding do you recommend we practice for the interview - python or Java?
Hello! You can answer the question in a programming language of your choice, so I would say use whatever language you are most comfortable with. I answered it using Python but it's totally up to you.
stopopups
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by zebraaaa)
Anyone heard back?
Not yet although I did complete the hirevue very recently(less than a week ago). Best of luck!
username5434772
Rep:
?
(Original post by stopopups)
Not yet although I did complete the hirevue very recently(less than a week ago). Best of luck!
Good luck to you too!
Maris499
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi guys, I also applied too but havent received invitation to the test thing. How long did you wait for yours?
I'm trying to self-teach myself python which I need to get a move along lol
Also, does anyone know if we get paid on this programme & how much & how long this course is for before we move to the SE programme?
Thank you
Tamako2410
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by stopopups)
How was the Hirevue interview? What was it like?
Maris499
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
How will I do the coding section of HireVue without any experience in coding? theres websites out there like StackOverflow, but I dont get anything
Maris499
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Which coding question did you get??
username5434772
Rep:
?
(Original post by Maris499)
How will I do the coding section of HireVue without any experience in coding? theres websites out there like StackOverflow, but I dont get anything
I think you should just try your best, there really isn't much you can do to prepare for the coding question. If you know the basics of a programming language then pick that language for the question, and do what you can. If you just cant get you're head around the programming question then at least write down your thoughts in pseudocode as comments. Honestly, I think this would be better than googling the answer and lying. Best of luck!
mediocreman12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Has anyone heard anything?
Toliveinafantasy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Also did mine AGES ago, should I assume a rejection?
Punpal97
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
It's been about 2 months since the Hirevue interview and still have not heard back.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.3%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.29%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.29%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.04%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (49)
27.53%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.54%

Watched Threads