Any difference between GCSEs and Scottish Highers

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
tsp_uk
Badges: 0
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Can someone explain if there are any differences, are the workloads the same etc...
Thank You!
trev
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 17 years ago
I think scottish highers are equivalent to AS/A levels.
kellywood_5
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by trev)
I think scottish highers are equivalent to AS/A levels.
Yeah, that's what I thought as well. Standard Grades are equivalent to GCSEs, then Highers and Advanced Highers are equivalent to AS and A levels.
magicalsausage
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by kellywood_5)
Yeah, that's what I thought as well. Standard Grades are equivalent to GCSEs, then Highers and Advanced Highers are equivalent to AS and A levels.
Well technically, yes. But in reality Highers are generally considered as more valuable than AS Levels (even get higher points from UCAS) and quite a few English universities acknowledge that Advanced Highers are harder than A-Levels.
kellywood_5
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by magicalsausage)
Well technically, yes. But in reality Highers are generally considered as more valuable than AS Levels (even get higher points from UCAS) and quite a few English universities acknowledge that Advanced Highers are harder than A-Levels.
Oh right, I didn't know that- never really looked at the UCAS Tarrif in detail, it's too confusing!
X
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (28)
20.14%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (66)
47.48%
First aid skills (12)
8.63%
Personal safety skills (4)
2.88%
Sign language (15)
10.79%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (11)
7.91%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
2.16%

Watched Threads