Other_Owl
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I really hate my masters, there I said it. Yet I have chosen courses not related to my masters to help me cope and handful of obvious things. Does anyone else here have advice? BTW I did not enroll on a whim.
Last edited by Other_Owl; 1 month ago
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Other_Owl)
I really hate my masters, there I said it. Yet I have chosen courses not related to my masters to help me cope and handful of obvious things. Does anyone else here have advice? BTW I did not enroll on a whim.
What is it about your masters that you hate? That can help us advise you.
Other_Owl
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
What is it about your masters that you hate? That can help us advise you.
I don't like marine sciences/biology in general. Its just so boring and irrevelent to me.
Last edited by Other_Owl; 1 month ago
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't like marine sciences/biology in general. Its just so boring and irrevelent to me.
Is there a reason you chose it in the first place? Have you asked if it's possible to transfer to another course?
Other_Owl
Rep:
?
Is there a reason you chose it in the first place? Have you asked if it's possible to transfer to another course?
You need at least 45 credits to transfer.
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You need at least 45 credits to transfer.
Is this at a university in the UK?
Other_Owl
Rep:
?
Is this at a university in the UK?
Netherlands
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Netherlands
Ah, then you could speak to someone at student support services or your personal tutor. Given that you've chosen your modules as best you can, and assuming that you probably don't want to drop out, you've probably done the best you can for yourself for now.
Other_Owl
Rep:
?
Ah, then you could speak to someone at student support services or your personal tutor. Given that you've chosen your modules as best you can, and assuming that you probably don't want to drop out, you've probably done the best you can for yourself for now.
I don't have the best of relationship with student advisor. With the course leader well its up the air rn.
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't have the best of relationship with student advisor. With the course leader well its up the air rn.
Then go to someone at your student union for more impartial advice (presuming your university has one - I don't know anything about Dutch universities).
Other_Owl
Rep:
?
Then go to someone at your student union for more impartial advice (presuming your university has one - I don't know anything about Dutch universities).
I've emailed the head of AI to see if I can swap masters.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (889)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed