Franny00100
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, back in 1999 I entered into my 3rd year of a degree but was unable to complete it so I have had 3 years of tuition fees but no degree.

I would like to know if I could get tuition fees paid now of I wanted to study again?

If so would I qualify for an ELQ course? ( I want to do psychology). Would I have to do it part time?

Thanks
Franny00100
Rep:
?
I also have the City and Guilds Certificate in Educate in Fe (Cert Ed) which I believe is a HE qualification.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Franny00100)
Hi, back in 1999 I entered into my 3rd year of a degree but was unable to complete it so I have had 3 years of tuition fees but no degree.

I would like to know if I could get tuition fees paid now of I wanted to study again?

If so would I qualify for an ELQ course? ( I want to do psychology). Would I have to do it part time?

Thanks
Hi, your 3 years of previous full time study will only affect your eligibility to study full time again, you can study part time for any course as you have not gained any qualification, your previous full time study does not affect part time eligibility.
You can receive up to 16 years of part time funding.
Thanks, Isaac
Franny00100
Rep:
?
Thank you, so does that mean I can apply for a part time non-ELQ course? E.g I would prefer to do an Education degree rather than Psychology (which is on the list.

Thanks
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you, so does that mean I can apply for a part time non-ELQ course? E.g I would prefer to do an Education degree rather than Psychology (which is on the list.

Thanks
That is correct as long as you have not gained any higher education qualification you can apply for any part time course and receive up to 16 years of funding.
Thanks, Isaac
Franny00100
Rep:
?
Hello. Would I be able to do a Nursing degree full-time or do I have to select part time for that? I was wondering it was an exception being a health subject? I will be applying to the open university and so can I select full time or being as it is the OU I have to select part-time for SFE application?

Many thanks
Last edited by Franny00100; 1 month ago
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello. Would I be able to do a Nursing degree full-time or do I have to select part time for that? I was wondering it was an exception being a health subject? I will be applying to the open university and so can I select full time or being as it is the OU I have to select part-time for SFE application?

Many thanks
Hi, as long as you are not already registered as a Nurse then your previous study won't affect your eligibility. You can receive full time funding.

Open University is always part time, tuition fees only unless you have a disability that prevents you from attending a physical university.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (659)
33.45%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (839)
42.59%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (383)
19.44%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed