The Student Room Group

Caught shoplifting outside college.

So I'm at sixth form, and today after college I went to the shop directly outside my school and bought a few things, and tried to scan a £1.50 chocolate, but for some reason it wouldn't scan so I gave up and decided to just place it down and put it in my bag with the remaining items I purchased.

I paid as usual, and left with my stuff but after leaving, a guy from the shop came up to me and asked if I put something in my bag which I didn't pay for, I of course said no, but he said he had caught me so I admitted, and handed over the item I took as soon as he asked. He then asked for my name, which I lied about for some reason (we wear lanyards with a ID at my sixth form) , and then asked to see my college lanyard , which of course had a different name. After this he said nothing and went different ways. I'm quite concerned as I'm a good student, predicted three A's for my A levels and am unsure if I'll get in trouble and potentially kicked out of my college over £1.50 . I'm 17 by the way, in year 13.
You should be fine the police were not called when you self scan there is CCTV above each self scan till in the roof of the store thats why you were caught dont ever steal again as its not worth it if you were taken to the police station they would have taken your photo and fingerprints and DNA and put it on the police computer for the rest of your life and called your parents to come and collect you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending