adorolamusica123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Basically im in Year 13 doing Edexcel French, and I want to do something regarding music for my IRP. I wanted to do Stromae and how his dual nationality perhaps affected his song/lyrics but my teachers are VERY against it .. any other ideas?
frenchie_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by adorolamusica123)
Basically im in Year 13 doing Edexcel French, and I want to do something regarding music for my IRP. I wanted to do Stromae and how his dual nationality perhaps affected his song/lyrics but my teachers are VERY against it .. any other ideas?
Perhaps choose a topic that is more broader than that. For example, if you're into French music, your topic could be about pop music in France and how it began, where it is now, the influence it has on the country now etc.
adorolamusica123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by frenchie_)
Perhaps choose a topic that is more broader than that. For example, if you're into French music, your topic could be about pop music in France and how it began, where it is now, the influence it has on the country now etc.
I've tried doing that before and the teachers said it was too broad ... ugh it's like they want something specific but not too specific
JusticeInk
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
How the influence of French music has developed due to the influence of increased immigration e.g. a lot of rap music are created by North African artists who talk about their experiences of being the children of immigrants and the treatment of France towards them. But also how a lot of the lyrics use North African dialect/ words
JosephCiderBwoy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'll return to this thread later, but I'll start by saying there's nothing wrong with the subject at hand. The main aim of an IRP is to be argumentative, e.g. phrases like 'to what extent', 'in what way' etc. it's all about 'how', in my experience. I did it about social class and class inequality, and I framed the title as 'to what extent do social inequalities...'. You've got to be able to argue your case.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (169)
58.48%
I don't have everything I need (120)
41.52%

Watched Threads