Damaged GCSE Candidate Statement Of Results Replacement

Watch
KemyAndrews
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Very embarrassed to say I have already damaged Statement Of Results (received 20th August), I really don't know what to do now. When placed together, it is all readable. I've already looked up how to get another one and it says I am to pay up to 60 pounds for a replacement. I'm about to pass out ; my family is lower class and does not have that much money. I feel very low and defeated because of this, I won't even able to get a small job to get the money now too, because any employer won't think it's eligible. Is it possible that my school still has it on their system or is it over for me for the rest of my life?
Last edited by KemyAndrews; 1 month ago
mflach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
your school may still have it on their system, but if not its not at all the end of the world. first of all, because of your age and therefore the type of job you would be getting at this age the chances are an employer wouldn't actually ask for proof of your GCSE results (neither of mine did for my first 2 jobs at your age). also, this is just your statement of results- your school will, in the next couple months, give you the actual certificates for your GCSEs- this is what you are more likely to need when you are much older if anyone asks for your GCSE grades. Finally, if your statement of results is only ripped or damaged but is still readable that will be fine! employers are human and understand that accidents happen and a slightly damaged sheet of paper won't make any difference. honestly do not stress as its only a piece of paper that your school printed itself, not the actual certificates.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Statements of results have no value - what you need for proof is your certificate (which won't have arrived yet). If you really feel the need for another statement of results then just ask your exams centre for one - they're unlikely to charge.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by KemyAndrews)
Very embarrassed to say I have already damaged Statement Of Results (received 20th August), I really don't know what to do now. When placed together, it is all readable. I've already looked up how to get another one and it says I am to pay up to 60 pounds for a replacement. I'm about to pass out ; my family is lower class and does not have that much money. I feel very low and defeated because of this, I won't even able to get a small job to get the money now too, because any employer won't think it's eligible. Is it possible that my school still has it on their system or is it over for me for the rest of my life?
This is not an official document and you will get your certificates at some point,
will_d601
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A candidate statement of results is assembled by your school for your provisional results, you won't get your actual certificates (which cost extra money) for a while yet. Most employers will not be that interested in your results, they are more interested in work experience.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (717)
33.82%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (908)
42.83%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (402)
18.96%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.39%

Watched Threads