username5186778
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
What's the best way to revise for music? Do you make flashcards/take notes etc.?
Falafel04
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Ria303)
What's the best way to revise for music? Do you make flashcards/take notes etc.?
I took GCSE music. All I can say is mind maps and flashcards tbh. Make flashcards to help you learn key things about set works, e.g. key, instrumentation, etc. (Quizlet is a really good online flashcard website/app if you don't want to write them out by hand and you may be able to find sets that other GCSE students have made that can help). As for details about the set works, MINDMAPS are so useful. Make them over and over again even if you've already done 5 for that piece. My music set used to make big ones on the whiteboard together where we all shouted out facts about the set works. It was so useful and kinda enjoyable. I hope these methods work for you. Good luck in your GCSE.
Sophiebxx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hiya, I took GCSE music and I wished I did a few things differently. I didn't have the revision guide (didn't know it existed), and it is so much more informative than trying to use a music textbook. Using the revision guide, you can then make mindmaps for larger concepts and then use flashcards (or quizlet) to revise key words. Then, do some practice papers
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
For the set works, i made lists for each pieces with the different categories (rhythm, harmony etc.) that I needed to remember , this was for edexcel though so not sure if it’s applicable for other exam boards
I also found mindmap helpful, but everyone revises differently!
shortgirl96
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Use a revision guide. Make brief notes during class. Attend any timetabled homework sessions too. Draw up charts. Create mind maps as well. Use a tape recorder if possible during revision sessions. Tackle practice questions. Good luck. Find out as much as possible what to expect too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (192)
5.06%
Uncertainty around my education (555)
14.62%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (424)
11.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (522)
13.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (189)
4.98%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (227)
5.98%
Loneliness (318)
8.38%
Financial worries (140)
3.69%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (148)
3.9%
Exposure to negative news/social media (170)
4.48%
Lack of real life entertainment (215)
5.67%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (339)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (356)
9.38%

Watched Threads