Engineerbot546
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am in my second year of college studying city and guilds level 3 engineering hoping to achieve D*D. I am also studying core maths and am predicted A. I asked university of Manchester if my qualifications were enough for their electrical and electronic engineering Beng. They replied no. I have contacted other universities and am awaiting response. Should I take A level maths and physics as I achieved 7’s in both at GCSE level. This means I will sit an extra year but could get into a better university or should I not take them and hope to get into university without having to take a foundation year.
UniofGreenwich
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Engineerbot546)
I am in my second year of college studying city and guilds level 3 engineering hoping to achieve D*D. I am also studying core maths and am predicted A. I asked university of Manchester if my qualifications were enough for their electrical and electronic engineering Beng. They replied no. I have contacted other universities and am awaiting response. Should I take A level maths and physics as I achieved 7’s in both at GCSE level. This means I will sit an extra year but could get into a better university or should I not take them and hope to get into university without having to take a foundation year.
Hi there,

A good website to check the amount of UCAS points you might have is the UCAS Tariff Calculator. Depending on the grades and qualifications some University might accept the qualifications you already have.

You can also follow the link to find out the University of Greenwich entry requirement for the BEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering.

Hope this helps and if you have more questions, let me know. We also have a virtual Open Day coming up on the 10th October, which would be a great opportunity to see if the University of Greenwich could be right for you.

Best wishes
Shamima
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think you should look at taking A level maths as it will massively expand the number of courses you can look at - plus you would be better prepared for the course.
Engineerbot546
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Than
(Original post by UniofGreenwich)
Hi there,

A good website to check the amount of UCAS points you might have is the UCAS Tariff Calculator. Depending on the grades and qualifications some University might accept the qualifications you already have.

You can also follow the link to find out the University of Greenwich entry requirement for the BEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering.

Hope this helps and if you have more questions, let me know. We also have a virtual Open Day coming up on the 10th October, which would be a great opportunity to see if the University of Greenwich could be right for you.

Best wishes
Shamima
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (534)
33.97%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (648)
41.22%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (318)
20.23%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.58%

Watched Threads