do you regret getting married young (about 24) ?

Watch
Sev99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
do you regret?
Jeparlepas
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
My mum got married at 22 and had me 24 so i hope she doesn't regret it...
username1339858_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Not in the slightest.
Any older and I would be set in my ways and would have found it hard to adapt to living with someone else.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
My mother got married at 22 and maternal grandmother at 17, neither has age related regrets.

Many friends got married as teenagers, most have no regrets.
Regrets as to choice of spouse from a few friends who were daft or duped by their families.
Those that either chose: arranged marriage to a random stranger with no employment history based on astrology along with faith leader recommendation or were entrapped by family members into sexless arranged marriages with biological relatives that they still live with but refuse to speak to for 5+ years.
Jeparlepas
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
My mother got married at 22 and maternal grandmother at 17, neither has age related regrets.

Many friends got married as teenagers, most have no regrets.
Regrets as to choice of spouse from a few friends who were daft or duped by their families.
Those that either chose: arranged marriage to a random stranger with no employment history based on astrology along with faith leader recommendation or were entrapped by family members into sexless arranged marriages with biological relatives that they still live with but refuse to speak to for 5+ years.
Yeah my mum was one of the ones that had to have an arranged marriage. It's the culture in our country/religion and she was okay with it and my dad loves her and she loves him so it worked out.

But I'm not sure I am gonna be okay with having to have an arranged marriage and I'm not sure how or when to tell them because I don't want to ruin my relationship with them and I do love them to pieces.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Jeparlepas)
Yeah my mum was one of the ones that had to have an arranged marriage. It's the culture in our country/religion and she was okay with it and my dad loves her and she loves him so it worked out.

But I'm not sure I am gonna be okay with having to have an arranged marriage and I'm not sure how or when to tell them because I don't want to ruin my relationship with them and I do love them to pieces.
You don't have to choose arranged marriage, regardless of family traditions.
My family tree is filled with centuries of cousin marriages and arranged marriages to fellow religious ultra-traditionalists from outside of the family.
But I won't go down the arranged marriage route.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (358)
84.04%
No (68)
15.96%

Watched Threads