raziye
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Questions for coursework:
What products do you use to help with organisation in a kitchen?
What problems do you have in a kitchen? Such as counter top, spacing,etc.
How do you deal with electrical products? Is there a place you put it, are the wires organised, etc.
Is there extra products you use to help with storage?
raziye
Rep:
?
Hi, so I am currently studying design and technology and for my coursework I have decided to look at problems in a kitchen so I was wondering if you could answer some question to help with my investigations.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You need to narrow down your target market a bit, different ages will have different problems in the kitchen. I understand you are asking questions to find out these problems but i would advise asking participants for their age so you can spot any trends between age groups. For example 21 year olds may have issues with finding space to put their utensils in a uni houseshare, whereas the elderly and the disabled could have difficulty preparing meals due to reduced mobility and dexterity.
Obviously some things are outside of your design remit, you cant really change the fact storage space in uni houses is limited but you could design smaller or foldable kitchen items.
You are off to a good start with your questions (asking about problems is a really good thing to ask as the best designs solve an actual issue) just try to include the age thing and also it is good to ask at the end what their ideal product would be as this is a sort of catch all in case they couldnt fit a response into the other categories
raziye
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoolCavy)
You need to narrow down your target market a bit, different ages will have different problems in the kitchen. I understand you are asking questions to find out these problems but i would advise asking participants for their age so you can spot any trends between age groups. For example 21 year olds may have issues with finding space to put their utensils in a uni houseshare, whereas the elderly and the disabled could have difficulty preparing meals due to reduced mobility and dexterity.
Obviously some things are outside of your design remit, you cant really change the fact storage space in uni houses is limited but you could design smaller or foldable kitchen items.
You are off to a good start with your questions (asking about problems is a really good thing to ask as the best designs solve an actual issue) just try to include the age thing and also it is good to ask at the end what their ideal product would be as this is a sort of catch all in case they couldnt fit a response into the other categories
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (68)
27.2%
No - I have already returned home (27)
10.8%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (52)
20.8%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (27)
10.8%
No - I live at home during term anyway (76)
30.4%

Watched Threads