The Student Room Group

Gcse re exam question

I have a D style exam question-philosophy
The statement is “catholics can respond to the problem of evil effectively” would anyone be able to give me a model answer to help because ive been sent home for 2 weeks and cant ask my teacher for help. Thankyou :smile:
I have tried to write it myself i just cant i need some help on what to write x
So for a D question I would advise using the structure PEAE.
P=point
E=evidence
A=action
E=evaluate
P= Catholics respond to the problem of evil as being part of our lives because of original sin.
E= Catholics believe that God has given us free will so therefore it is up to humans beings to decide whether they will do the right or wrong thing. In Genesis, Adam and Eve disobeyed God after telling them no to eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. This, for Catholics, introduces original sin meaning that it is in human nature to sin and do bad and therefore we will receive consequences because of that.
A= Because of this Catholics would attend confession so that there sins are forgive as well as living a Christ like life.
E= This may not be a very strong argument because why do humans now have to suffer the consequences of Adam and Eve? However it is a strong argument because we have the choice to do the right thing but if we do choose to do wrong then we must suffer the consequences that come with it.

This is just a rough model
I hope it helps

:smile:

Quick Reply