The Student Room Group

Assistant immigration officer - Pathway

Anyone else receive a invite to interview today?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well done! Yes I did! Been searching student room for someone else for an hour hahaha! What area did you apply for as 1st choice?
Reply 2
Original post by kim97x
Well done! Yes I did! Been searching student room for someone else for an hour hahaha! What area did you apply for as 1st choice?

Ha, glad you could find it 😄 congrats to u too....Swansea for my first choice, I don’t mind travelling upto a hour from Swansea are, what about you? I recently done a EO work coach video interview, hoping to use the same examples...what score did you get for your application? I had 4, just scrapped a pass mark 🤦🏽*♀️
Reply 3
Original post by Yvonne 86
Ha, glad you could find it 😄 congrats to u too....Swansea for my first choice, I don’t mind travelling upto a hour from Swansea are, what about you? I recently done a EO work coach video interview, hoping to use the same examples...what score did you get for your application? I had 4, just scrapped a pass mark 🤦🏽*♀️

I applied for Border Force in June as well as this, I got a 5 in the BF application and a 4 in this one too even though they’re similar applications and behaviours. A 4 is still a pass and once we’ve done the interview that is the only score that is used to form the merit list! Hope the interview goes well☺️☺️
Reply 4
I’ve also received an invite! :smile: I applied for RTF in May and waiting for an interview. Also scored a 4 for my application, do you all have the deadline for the 16th?
Reply 5
Original post by Tay118
I’ve also received an invite! :smile: I applied for RTF in May and waiting for an interview. Also scored a 4 for my application, do you all have the deadline for the 16th?

Mine was the apprenticeship rather than the RTF as I hadn’t passed my driving test due to Covid cancelling them! This seems to be moving faster than BF as it took 3 months from application to get interview invite where as this just over a week! Mine is 16th too yes
Reply 6
Oh that’s a shame. Yes I agree, I saw on one of the attachments that it would move quicker than other jobs and possible start early next year. All the BF jobs seem to be very slow process. Good luck for the interview!
Reply 7
Yeah deadline of 16th, Monday I will go over the job description and see what behaviours they plan to ask at interview and start preparing....

A prime example of BFO being a slow process....I had my interview for Heathrow in June 2019......15 months later I received a provisional job offer! So currently going through pre employment checks with them, from what I’ve read on these threads, it could take upto 6 months to complete....!

Good luck with the interview, let me know how it goes all x
Reply 8
II have a video interview as well, never done one before and not had an interview in over 3 years.

Does anyone have any hints or tips?
Reply 9
Original post by Stuart7
II have a video interview as well, never done one before and not had an interview in over 3 years.

Does anyone have any hints or tips?

It's slightly more strange than just an online interview as you don't have someone to sit and engage/connect with or socially prompt you when answering questions to get more information out of you.

For the behavior based questions I personally did after doing my first one ( and messing it up) is for my second I had paper/cards near where my computer was ie on the wall that had very brief bullet points/key words around the success profiles and behaviours as well as STAR (Situation Task Action Result) on so that kind of prompted me to not miss any details? I also put an extra R on the end for Review so that you can inform the recruiters what you think went well/what you could improve from/what you've taken from the experience. You can slightly glance at these is you're thinking while answering, I found from this if I ever lost my train of thought it allowed me to get back on track!

For the strength based questions it's really about what you enjoy, what you thrive at doing etc so it's your natural response as they don't want generic rehearsed answers. Google strength based questions for interviews it should be generic name something you've done recently you enjoy, or would people say you are ... just have a go of mentally answering them and coming up with examples :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Yvonne 86

Yeah I only got a 4 too! Wasn't expecting to hear back so quickly but I know every recruitment process within the Civil Service/CJS just involves endless waiting, merit lists and then eventual disappointment. Not got my hopes up but will do the interview anyway! I've chosen Newcastle as my first choice :smile: Good luck!
Reply 11
Original post by yas-n
It's slightly more strange than just an online interview as you don't have someone to sit and engage/connect with or socially prompt you when answering questions to get more information out of you.

For the behavior based questions I personally did after doing my first one ( and messing it up) is for my second I had paper/cards near where my computer was ie on the wall that had very brief bullet points/key words around the success profiles and behaviours as well as STAR (Situation Task Action Result) on so that kind of prompted me to not miss any details? I also put an extra R on the end for Review so that you can inform the recruiters what you think went well/what you could improve from/what you've taken from the experience. You can slightly glance at these is you're thinking while answering, I found from this if I ever lost my train of thought it allowed me to get back on track!

For the strength based questions it's really about what you enjoy, what you thrive at doing etc so it's your natural response as they don't want generic rehearsed answers. Google strength based questions for interviews it should be generic name something you've done recently you enjoy, or would people say you are ... just have a go of mentally answering them and coming up with examples :smile:

Thanks for the info, going to send you a PM.
Reply 12
Original post by yas-n

Thank you for the tips! I did a similar interview for another CS job but with two interviewers. This will be a lot more strange but fingers crossed! Good luck everyone!
hi guys,
I have received the interview invite also and I just wondered how everyone else will be preparing and if you have any ideas what they may ask?
many thanks
I wonder how long after the videos are submitted will we find out? Has anyone completed their video yet?
Reply 15
Original post by isabelbucklow9
hi guys,
I have received the interview invite also and I just wondered how everyone else will be preparing and if you have any ideas what they may ask?
many thanks

I’m going to do my research Monday and tues, will let u know then what I will prepare for
Reply 16
Original post by Vickic79
I wonder how long after the videos are submitted will we find out? Has anyone completed their video yet?

I imagine it will be like 4 weeks after the submit date, there’s 250 odd positions isn’t there so quite a big campaign
Has any completed the interview yet and can give any advice?
Reply 18
Do they actually ask for your ID in the interview? I've seen a few reviews of people saying they weren't asked for it but the email seems pretty adamant that you needed to include it?
Can anyone give me some advice/examples on how what kind of questions to expect? It would be greatly appreciated! thank you in advance :smile:

Quick Reply