Azzer02
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I sat the edexcel maths a on 7th October 2020 at a private exam centre.

We were presented with printed/photocopied answer sheets. This seemed poor to me. My first question is whether this was the same for all of you?

The book I had fell apart when folded as the staples came out, and I am pretty sure the final question was missing.

I feel as though I want to complain to Pearson, but I thought I would ask here first to see if my experience is unusual.
Snyasmine
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Azzer02)
I sat the edexcel maths a on 7th October 2020 at a private exam centre.

We were presented with printed/photocopied answer sheets. This seemed poor to me. My first question is whether this was the same for all of you?

The book I had fell apart when folded as the staples came out, and I am pretty sure the final question was missing.

I feel as though I want to complain to Pearson, but I thought I would ask here first to see if my experience is unusual.
I honestly think you should, either that or complain to the testing centre/ school you were tested at.
username5386340
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Get in touch with person ASAP! Don't leave it to the exam centre, nothing will be done
Last edited by username5386340; 1 month ago
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why didn't you ask at the time if the last question was missing? There's always a statement after the last question.
Azzer02
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
Why didn't you ask at the time if the last question was missing? There's always a statement after the last question.
I thought that there was always an answer booklet. Actually, that was the question that I asked in this note.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I thought that there was always an answer booklet. Actually, that was the question that I asked in this note.
For most exams there is a combined question and answer booklet printed on A3 paper with staples in the middle to make an A4 booklet? Is this what you had?
Azzer02
Rep:
?
No. I had a stack of separately printed / photocopied pages stapled in a upper left hand corner which came apart when opened a number of times.

I will call Pearson on Monday because it seemed poor. I assume they ok’d it however - otherwise the markers would surely refuse to mark the results.

It’s pretty poor for 350 gbp either way.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No. I had a stack of separately printed / photocopied pages stapled in a upper left hand corner which came apart when opened a number of times.

I will call Pearson on Monday because it seemed poor. I assume they ok’d it however - otherwise the markers would surely refuse to mark the results.
The markers never see an actual paper anyway - the papers are taken apart and scanned in as soon as they reach Pearson.
Azzer02
Rep:
?
More irrelevance, thanks again.
Azzer02
Rep:
?
The response from Pearson for those that may be interested. ====

Following a number of security breaches of high stakes exams across awarding organisations, we have worked hard to ensure the appropriate technology and procedures are in place to maintain the security of our question papers. Our priority as always, is to ensure fairness for all.

For this Autumn series, we changed our despatch plan for A Level Maths 9MA0. Your centre would not have received any printed materials for A Level Maths 9MA0. Instead, your centre would have received examination papers in an electronic format.

The decision to supply question papers electronically to centres with low entries has been made to maximise security of the examination, and to provide all students with the fairest examination opportunity.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed