Darshan!
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi I am doing my EPQ in year 13. Just wanted to check:
1. where do I fill the EPQ details in the UCAS Application Form?
2. will the school give a predicted grade for my EPQ before I send my ucas applications in nov-jan or will the epq results come with my A level results in Aug?
17sunnydays
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
i am in yr13 but i dropped epq a few weeks ago. You add epq to the other a levels you are doing and put it as pending like the others
Darshan!
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by 17sunnydays)
i am in yr13 but i dropped epq a few weeks ago. You add epq to the other a levels you are doing and put it as pending like the others
Thanks. can I please check why did you drop EPQ? Also should the school be putting predicted grades for EPQ as well with the other predicted A level results in the UCAS Application form?
17sunnydays
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Darshan!)
Thanks. can I please check why did you drop EPQ? Also should the school be putting predicted grades for EPQ as well with the other predicted A level results in the UCAS Application form?
I dropped out as my other A levels are very dense and I had fallen a little behind on work so dropping EPQ meant I had more time to catch up. I do maths, physics and biology. My school made all yr12's who do 3 A levels do epq but a few have dropped it this term in yr13.
when you add epq in the qualifications section your teachers should put a grade for epq aswell
ItsStarLordMan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm sorry, I know this doesn't apply, but do you know if there is a way to do EPQ privately rather than with your school?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ItsStarLordMan)
I'm sorry, I know this doesn't apply, but do you know if there is a way to do EPQ privately rather than with your school?
Like most coursework based qualifications, It's not generally possible because the centre can't comply with the requirement to supervise your work.

AQA, who are always the clearest about this, specifically say that the EPQ is not available to private candidates.
Last edited by Compost; 1 month ago
claguem01
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Darshan!)
yes you get a predicted grade for EPQ as well as your a levels/equivalent qualifications. it goes at the top of your reference (the teachers do it all though so nothing for you to stress about dw). on the ucas form it's just a pending result.
i thought about dropping epq so many times bc i just couldn't find the motivation and was getting stressed and thought my essay was rubbish. i was doing it during lockdown ready for november entry, so had pretty much no guidance and had to google how to reference etc. I carried on and got an A*, and i've had all of my uni offers reduced as a result of it keep going it's well worth it!
Darshan!
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by claguem01)
yes you get a predicted grade for EPQ as well as your a levels/equivalent qualifications. it goes at the top of your reference (the teachers do it all though so nothing for you to stress about dw). on the ucas form it's just a pending result.
i thought about dropping epq so many times bc i just couldn't find the motivation and was getting stressed and thought my essay was rubbish. i was doing it during lockdown ready for november entry, so had pretty much no guidance and had to google how to reference etc. I carried on and got an A*, and i've had all of my uni offers reduced as a result of it keep going it's well worth it!
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (121)
62.69%
I don't have everything I need (72)
37.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed