The Student Room Group

can you hold a deferred offer and enter UCAS cycle again?

i am holding a deferred offer but if i wanted to, could i hold the offer & reapply to 5 different unis at the same time? thanks
Original post by exams2021
i am holding a deferred offer but if i wanted to, could i hold the offer & reapply to 5 different unis at the same time? thanks

No I'm afraid you can't do that - you would need to decline your current offer in order to start another UCAS application and reapply to another 5 unis
Original post by harrysbar
No I'm afraid you can't do that - you would need to decline your current offer in order to start another UCAS application and reapply to another 5 unis

CORRECTION.
This year you can.
""As part of our response to COVID-19, we have made some changes for the 2021 entry cycle only.
Applicants with a deferred unconditional firm (UF) place or a Delayed Confirmation decision (DCF) from the 2020 cycle can apply again for 2021 entry, without first withdrawing their 2020 application.
We will contact these applicants early next year, to ask them to choose which application they want to continue with for the 2021 cycle."

Bottom of this page - https://www.ucas.com/2020-key-date-changes-advisers
Original post by McGinger
CORRECTION.
This year you can.
""As part of our response to COVID-19, we have made some changes for the 2021 entry cycle only.
Applicants with a deferred unconditional firm (UF) place or a Delayed Confirmation decision (DCF) from the 2020 cycle can apply again for 2021 entry, without first withdrawing their 2020 application.
We will contact these applicants early next year, to ask them to choose which application they want to continue with for the 2021 cycle."

Oh wow, thanks for the correction
CORRECTION.
This year you can.

thanks (: it says that UCAS will contact the applicant and ask which application they want to cancel and which to continue with in january, but what if u are still waiting for decisions when they contact you?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by exams2021
thanks (: it says that UCAS will contact the applicant and ask which application they want to cancel and which to continue with in january, but what if u are still waiting for decisions when they contact you?

No idea. Good question for UCAS - give them a call.
No idea. Good question for UCAS - give them a call.

will on monday morning
I’d be interested to know what they say, this is the first time that they’ve given applicants this option.
Original post by Admit-One
I’d be interested to know what they say, this is the first time that they’ve given applicants this option.

Let's hope that it's been fully thought through. We've had too many last minute changes to education.
Original post by RogerOxon
Let's hope that it's been fully thought through. We've had too many last minute changes to education.

Yes, I nearly joked about how often UCAS implement these kind of things without consultation.

I first heard of this one on TSR. I’ve no idea if they formally told unis of the change.
Original post by Admit-One
Yes, I nearly joked about how often UCAS implement these kind of things without consultation.

I first heard of this one on TSR. I’ve no idea if they formally told unis of the change.

its quite frustrating that they keep making changes. but i will see what they say
is it also going to repeat this year as well for 2022 applications??
Original post by AsKim
is it also going to repeat this year as well for 2022 applications??

No. It was a 'once only' and it definitely is not going to happen again.

UCAS have however confirmed that there will be November exam sittings for those unhappy with TAG grades to sit actual exams - too late for Uni entrance in 2021 but this would mean they dont have to repeat the whole year of school etc.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending