lasmao
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I'm deciding my a-level options and applying really soon and currently, I'm torn between History and Chemistry, the other options that I've decided are: biology, psychology and business, I want to apply for medicine at uni so I know that chemistry would be the better choice however there are unis such as Newcastle and UEA who either have no requirements or just one science. If you've done any of the two, please let me know how difficult the content is and which would be the better one overall.
skdffksnjjj
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
imo, chemistry is more about practice- once you've learned it, you can do the questions
for history, its memorising alot of key dates and content etc.
i'd say chemistry as you'll also have more choices for uni, and also its kinda fun when you understand it
just one thing- if you do chem, keep on top of the work and keep recapping all the stuff you learned because it all eventually links back
skdffksnjjj
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by lasmao)
I'm deciding my a-level options and applying really soon and currently, I'm torn between History and Chemistry, the other options that I've decided are: biology, psychology and business, I want to apply for medicine at uni so I know that chemistry would be the better choice however there are unis such as Newcastle and UEA who either have no requirements or just one science. If you've done any of the two, please let me know how difficult the content is and which would be the better one overall.
imo, chemistry is more about practice- once you've learned it, you can do the questions

for history, its memorising alot of key dates and content etc.

i'd say chemistry as you'll also have more choices for uni, and also its kinda fun when you understand it

just one thing- if you do chem, keep on top of the work and keep recapping all the stuff you learned because it all eventually links back
Destinex
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
If you want to do medicine, then you would be the banking of two unis to accept you, throwing away two other unis to accept you.
Newcastle is fairly competitive for medicine...
Are you good at chemistry?
lasmao
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Destinex)
If you want to do medicine, then you would be the banking of two unis to accept you, throwing away two other unis to accept you.
Newcastle is fairly competitive for medicine...
Are you good at chemistry?
I've gotten pretty alright grades so far without actually putting in much effort so, I suppose if I actually tried, I'm rather good, easily get fairly high grades by the end of the year.
My main worry is the workload and just worried I won't be able to keep up since there's quite a drastic change between GCSE and A level content.
Destinex
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I've gotten pretty alright grades so far without actually putting in much effort so, I suppose if I actually tried, I'm rather good, easily get fairly high grades by the end of the year.
My main worry is the workload and just worried I won't be able to keep up since there's quite a drastic change between GCSE and A level content.
Yes, I do Maths, Further Maths physics and chemistry, the sciences have a jump , but i guess ppl adjust.
If you want to do medicine, take chemistry
Simply put: since you would be limiting yourself to two unis instead of 4, halving your chances
lasmao
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Destinex)
Yes, I do Maths, Further Maths physics and chemistry, the sciences have a jump , but i guess ppl adjust.
If you want to do medicine, take chemistry
Simply put: since you would be limiting yourself to two unis instead of 4, halving your chances
Thank you for the advice! I'm going to apply for chemistry and see how that goes.
Destinex
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Thank you for the advice! I'm going to apply for chemistry and see how that goes.
But i would highly recommend you speak to a careers advisor instead of me
Please do this haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (300)
84.27%
No (56)
15.73%

Watched Threads