Consulting graduate schemes 2021 - Deloitte, Accenture, Capco etc

Watch
Lucy20793
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi everyone,

I have been checking the careers pages of the above firms wanting to applying for a graduate scheme in consulting.

While it seems that most paths are now accepting applications, there is absolutely nothing related to consulting at the moment. Given that most deadlines are soon approaching I don't want to miss out.

Does anyone know what's going on and when the schemes might go live?

I have tried getting in touch but they keep telling me to register my interest and if something pops up I'll be notified - not really answering my questions.

Thank you!
SomeWelshGuy123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Quite a few have already closed, Aon for example has already closed their financial consulting scheme
Lucy20793
Rep:
?
(Original post by SomeWelshGuy123)
Quite a few have already closed, Aon for example has already closed their financial consulting scheme
Yeah, I'm aware about AON, as I applied approx 3 weeks ago. However I have been checking for Deloitte, Accenture etc since the start of September, but nothing has been added (except for some schemes I am not interested in). Where did you apply?
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I applied to an Accenture role yesterday.
https://www.accenture.com/gb-en/careers/local/apply
consultingguy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hey, I'm also looking to apply to either the Strategy or Consulting grad scheme at Accenture this Autumn 2020... I was checking the site and even though the job titles are there on the graduate job page, they are not showing up in the actual job search... So I was wondered if they have already closed since there is no information on their site other than that 'they may close applications early due to demand' ... Does anyone know when they will open / if they have already closed?! Thanks!
Lucy20793
Rep:
?
(Original post by 0le)
I applied to an Accenture role yesterday. Whci
https://www.accenture.com/gb-en/careers/local/apply
Which role did you apply for? I don't see anything related to consulting
Lucy20793
Rep:
?
(Original post by consultingguy)
Hey, I'm also looking to apply to either the Strategy or Consulting grad scheme at Accenture this Autumn 2020... I was checking the site and even though the job titles are there on the graduate job page, they are not showing up in the actual job search... So I was wondered if they have already closed since there is no information on their site other than that 'they may close applications early due to demand' ... Does anyone know when they will open / if they have already closed?! Thanks!
I can confirm they have not opened yet. I've been checking their careers page every week since the start of September and I haven't seen anything related to consulting/strategy.
0le
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Lucy20793)
Which role did you apply for? I don't see anything related to consulting
Oh sorry, my mistake. I applied for the data role, but after completing the application, I haven't heard back, not even for a test!
Lucy20793
Rep:
?
(Original post by 0le)
Oh sorry, my mistake. I applied for the data role, but after completing the application, I haven't heard back, not even for a test!
That's strange, I remember receiving an invite link to their test almost immediately when I applied last year. Maybe email them?
0le
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
That's strange, I remember receiving an invite link to their test almost immediately when I applied last year. Maybe email them?
There is no contact address in the emails I've had from them . The deadline for applications in mid November so maybe they haven't yet got the tests ready.
SomeWelshGuy123
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
A few more have opened up. Still haven't seen any from the likes of Accenture though, very frustrating.
SomeWelshGuy123
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Ha, had a rejection e-mail less than 15 minutes after applying for Capco, good to know they consider every application thoroughly! /s
atyourservice
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Ha, had a rejection e-mail less than 15 minutes after applying for Capco, good to know they consider every application thoroughly! /s
Hi,

I also applied to Capco and got the following e-mail after applying:

"Thanks for applying to Capco. Your application has been received and we will review it right away.

If your application seems like a good fit for the position we will contact you soon"

Did you get the same e-mail?
SomeWelshGuy123
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by atyourservice)
Hi,

I also applied to Capco and got the following e-mail after applying:

"Thanks for applying to Capco. Your application has been received and we will review it right away.

If your application seems like a good fit for the position we will contact you soon"

Did you get the same e-mail?
Yes, got that e-mail the second I applied then a rejection 15 minutes later. That's gotta be some kind of record!
atyourservice
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Yes, got that e-mail the second I applied then a rejection 15 minutes later. That's gotta be some kind of record!
That does sound like some record! Odd for them to reject you so quickly...

Do you know what the starting salary is for CAPCO? I kinda applied for their graduate scheme on a whim..
0le
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
MottMacdonald have a question (in the application form) which basically is:

How do our company values align with your own?

Does anyone have any idea about how to structure a response to that question? I am not really sure how to answer it to be honest and can't find much help online.
consultingguy
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I can confirm they have not opened yet. I've been checking their careers page every week since the start of September and I haven't seen anything related to consulting/strategy.
Ok that's reassuring to hear. I emailed them to double check - if they give a date I'll let you know.

Also emailed KPMG about the same thing and they said it hasn't opened yet there either. From reading other threads maybe they're still dealing with previous intakes before they can start accepting applications for new ones.
consultingguy
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by 0le)
MottMacdonald have a question (in the application form) which basically is:

How do our company values align with your own?

Does anyone have any idea about how to structure a response to that question? I am not really sure how to answer it to be honest and can't find much help online.
Go on their website and research their values / themes / culture.

Pick a few (2-3) things that stand out to you / which resonate with you.

Then mention each one, refer back to the job and of course your own personal experience. E.g. If one of the values is inclusion and you have participated in a event/ internship specifically for minorities or something you can talk about how this is important to you too.

Just remember to be specific - don't generalise - and give a personal example about whatever you're talking about. If you can't think of stuff make exaggerate something that is based on reality.

Hope his helps..
0le
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by consultingguy)
Go on their website and research their values / themes / culture.

Pick a few (2-3) things that stand out to you / which resonate with you.

Then mention each one, refer back to the job and of course your own personal experience. E.g. If one of the values is inclusion and you have participated in a event/ internship specifically for minorities or something you can talk about how this is important to you too.

Just remember to be specific - don't generalise - and give a personal example about whatever you're talking about. If you can't think of stuff make exaggerate something that is based on reality.

Hope his helps..
Ah, I see, thanks man, yes this does help a lot. It was the one question I was really struggling with because I initially thought it meant to state my own values first and then talk about them and then finally relate them to the PRIDE values.
Rasai
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by 0le)
Ah, I see, thanks man, yes this does help a lot. It was the one question I was really struggling with because I initially thought it meant to state my own values first and then talk about them and then finally relate them to the PRIDE values.
Are these companies offering internships at the moment?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (21)
6.1%
Uncertainty around my education (37)
10.76%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (39)
11.34%
Lack of purpose or motivation (47)
13.66%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (17)
4.94%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (16)
4.65%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (37)
10.76%
Financial worries (24)
6.98%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (15)
4.36%
Exposure to negative news/social media (21)
6.1%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (10)
2.91%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (35)
10.17%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (25)
7.27%

Watched Threads