Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Your ideal bedroom?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Post pictures of how you'd like your bedroom to look... with accessories, etc.

I'd quite like something like
    Spoiler:
    Show

or

this
    Spoiler:
    Show

with a nice Ikea lamp like this -

I like the simplicity in these rooms. But what I really want is bookshelves full of books and CDs and DVDs. I have loads of books in my bedroom but not enough shelves so they are all in boxes or piles and I want a huge wall of shelves to put them on. Something like this, but about 4 of them:

Spoiler:
    Show

I also want a big desk with shelves on it where I can put picture frames and a huge comfy sofa which turns into a bed. The sofa in my bedroom at the moment in uncomfortable and when my friends come round to sleep I feel guilty about them sleeping on it.

I also want a decent sound system so I can listen to music without using my PC and with a remote. It has to have a record player, which reminds me, I need somewhere to store my big record collection too which is just in boxes atm.

I can't wait to have my own place.

I'm going to go to Ikea and buy huge shelving units. Then cry when I can't put them up.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I want a big piece of glass to write things on.

Aside from that, more or less what I already have. Perhaps with a balcony.

ReputationRep:

basically a collection of that stuff

with a swinging bed also

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woofums)

basically a collection of that stuff

with a swinging bed also

Funktastic. You can be my interior designer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)

I'm going to go to Ikea and buy huge shelving units. Then cry when I can't put them up.
    Aw, don't cry
    as the IKEA construction queen/fairy, i feel it necessary to impart my wisdom: all you need to do is look at the instructions *first*, identify all the fiddly bits, then follow what the little man is doing.
    it's not hard, i promise!
    As pour moi, all white with a signature red wall, ikea furniture,(the good stuff though :hmmm:) lamps. girliness.
    I think i may have to stay single all my life to acheive this dream, or change sexuality.. The Sister is forbidden anything pink/flowery/girly in her place by her bf

(Original post by ~Ally~)
    Aw, don't cry
    as the IKEA construction queen/fairy, i feel it necessary to impart my wisdom: all you need to do is look at the instructions *first*, identify all the fiddly bits, then follow what the little man is doing.
    it's not hard, i promise!
    As pour moi, all white with a signature red wall, ikea furniture,(the good stuff though :hmmm:) lamps. girliness.
    I think i may have to stay single all my life to acheive this dream, or change sexuality.. The Sister is forbidden anything pink/flowery/girly in her place by her bf
    Shame my nearest Ikea is about 120 miles away in North London or Milton Keynes.

I wonder if there will be enough rooms in my halls at Uni for an Ikea shelf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    Shame my nearest Ikea is about 120 miles away in North London or Milton Keynes.

I wonder if there will be enough rooms in my halls at Uni for an Ikea shelf.
    You can buy it of teh intwebs now though !:woo:
    http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/

(Original post by ~Ally~)
    You can buy it of teh intwebs now though !:woo:
    http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/
    Oooooh.

You are my new hero. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I wish they'd hurry up and invent hovering laptops. Then I could lounge on the comfyest sofa in the world, type on the laptop and watch my flatscreen TV at the same time, and then sunbathe on my balcony, and have a drink from my mini-bar. Oo and there would be a hot-tub around somewhere too.
    I like the sound of four-poster beds as long as the curtains aren't too thick and heavy, cos dust and claustrophobia ain't good.

ReputationRep:
    I wish my bedroom had a bathroom that meant I didn't have to walk past my housemates room. She is in an insanely light sleeper and when I get up for my morning pee and then go back to bed, I get shouted at. It's not my fault I had to pee

ReputationRep:
    I wish I had a bedroom that would clean it's self! :p:

ReputationRep:
    all the rooms interior decor is good its hard to choose an ideal from the above

ReputationRep:
    I like my bedroom. I've convinced my boyfriend that us having a pink love heart filled bedroom is good

ReputationRep:
    I can't be bothered to find photos but key elements:
    Blinds rather than curtains, preferably wooden ones
    Four-poster bed
    Lots of organised clutter
    Prints
    Big fat carpet everywhere (dropping pizza on white carpet in 5...4...3...)
    Walk-in wardrobe, though it would look pretty lonely at the moment...
    A dressing table with the lightbulbs round the mirror, that would be awesome

ReputationRep:
    My dream bedroom... (Or any bedroom with a big window like that with a nice view)
    :p:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glutamic Acid)
    Is that what I think it is?

ReputationRep:
    ^ Austrain rapists bathroom :eek:

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.