Your ideal bedroom?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Post pictures of how you'd like your bedroom to look... with accessories, etc.

I'd quite like something like
    Spoiler:
    Show

or

this
    Spoiler:
    Show

with a nice Ikea lamp like this -

I like the simplicity in these rooms. But what I really want is bookshelves full of books and CDs and DVDs. I have loads of books in my bedroom but not enough shelves so they are all in boxes or piles and I want a huge wall of shelves to put them on. Something like this, but about 4 of them:

Spoiler:
    Show

I also want a big desk with shelves on it where I can put picture frames and a huge comfy sofa which turns into a bed. The sofa in my bedroom at the moment in uncomfortable and when my friends come round to sleep I feel guilty about them sleeping on it.

I also want a decent sound system so I can listen to music without using my PC and with a remote. It has to have a record player, which reminds me, I need somewhere to store my big record collection too which is just in boxes atm.

I can't wait to have my own place.

I'm going to go to Ikea and buy huge shelving units. Then cry when I can't put them up.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I want a big piece of glass to write things on.

Aside from that, more or less what I already have. Perhaps with a balcony.

ReputationRep:

basically a collection of that stuff

with a swinging bed also

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woofums)

basically a collection of that stuff

with a swinging bed also

Funktastic. You can be my interior designer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)

I'm going to go to Ikea and buy huge shelving units. Then cry when I can't put them up.
    Aw, don't cry
    as the IKEA construction queen/fairy, i feel it necessary to impart my wisdom: all you need to do is look at the instructions *first*, identify all the fiddly bits, then follow what the little man is doing.
    it's not hard, i promise!
    As pour moi, all white with a signature red wall, ikea furniture,(the good stuff though :hmmm:) lamps. girliness.
    I think i may have to stay single all my life to acheive this dream, or change sexuality.. The Sister is forbidden anything pink/flowery/girly in her place by her bf

(Original post by ~Ally~)
    Aw, don't cry
    as the IKEA construction queen/fairy, i feel it necessary to impart my wisdom: all you need to do is look at the instructions *first*, identify all the fiddly bits, then follow what the little man is doing.
    it's not hard, i promise!
    As pour moi, all white with a signature red wall, ikea furniture,(the good stuff though :hmmm:) lamps. girliness.
    I think i may have to stay single all my life to acheive this dream, or change sexuality.. The Sister is forbidden anything pink/flowery/girly in her place by her bf
    Shame my nearest Ikea is about 120 miles away in North London or Milton Keynes.

I wonder if there will be enough rooms in my halls at Uni for an Ikea shelf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    Shame my nearest Ikea is about 120 miles away in North London or Milton Keynes.

I wonder if there will be enough rooms in my halls at Uni for an Ikea shelf.
    You can buy it of teh intwebs now though !:woo:
    http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/

(Original post by ~Ally~)
    You can buy it of teh intwebs now though !:woo:
    http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/
    Oooooh.

You are my new hero. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I wish they'd hurry up and invent hovering laptops. Then I could lounge on the comfyest sofa in the world, type on the laptop and watch my flatscreen TV at the same time, and then sunbathe on my balcony, and have a drink from my mini-bar. Oo and there would be a hot-tub around somewhere too.
    I like the sound of four-poster beds as long as the curtains aren't too thick and heavy, cos dust and claustrophobia ain't good.

ReputationRep:
    I wish my bedroom had a bathroom that meant I didn't have to walk past my housemates room. She is in an insanely light sleeper and when I get up for my morning pee and then go back to bed, I get shouted at. It's not my fault I had to pee

ReputationRep:
    I wish I had a bedroom that would clean it's self! :p:

ReputationRep:
    all the rooms interior decor is good its hard to choose an ideal from the above

ReputationRep:
    I like my bedroom. I've convinced my boyfriend that us having a pink love heart filled bedroom is good

ReputationRep:
    I can't be bothered to find photos but key elements:
    Blinds rather than curtains, preferably wooden ones
    Four-poster bed
    Lots of organised clutter
    Prints
    Big fat carpet everywhere (dropping pizza on white carpet in 5...4...3...)
    Walk-in wardrobe, though it would look pretty lonely at the moment...
    A dressing table with the lightbulbs round the mirror, that would be awesome

ReputationRep:
    My dream bedroom... (Or any bedroom with a big window like that with a nice view)
    :p:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glutamic Acid)
    Is that what I think it is?

ReputationRep:
    ^ Austrain rapists bathroom :eek:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 13, 2009
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
American or British/European: what type of pancakes do you like?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.