How did the October Manifesto affect the people of Russia?

Watch
helpmewithstuff
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
How did the October manifesto affect the people of Russia?
I got this as a practice exam question but I am not sure how to answer it without mixing in with stolypin's reforms
Last edited by helpmewithstuff; 6 months ago
neko no basu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by helpmewithstuff)
How did the October manifesto affect the people of Russia?
I got this as a practice exam question but I am not sure how to answer it without mixing in with stolypin's reforms
Hmm you could categorise it i.e.
How did the October manifesto affect people socially/economically/politically or how did the October manifesto affect the nobility/the peasants/workers etc.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
How many marks is it?
I don't understand what you mean about mixing in Stolypin's reforms - they're a separate event entirely. Just refer to the contents of the manifesto and the immediate effects - because in all honesty, the Manifesto really didn't have a lasting impact. The Duma was dissolved several times, strikes began to grow in number until the start of WW1, Nicholas II never wanted to pass it in the first place.

But I agree that you should approach it in themes - e.g. how it affected the immediate unrest in the nation, what it did for civil liberties, how it affected religion.
helpmewithstuff
Rep:
?
(Original post by neko no basu)
Hmm you could categorise it i.e.
How did the October manifesto affect people socially/economically/politically or how did the October manifesto affect the nobility/the peasants/workers etc.
aristocrats, peasants, workers, middle class
helpmewithstuff
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
How many marks is it?
I don't understand what you mean about mixing in Stolypin's reforms - they're a separate event entirely. Just refer to the contents of the manifesto and the immediate effects - because in all honesty, the Manifesto really didn't have a lasting impact. The Duma was dissolved several times, strikes began to grow in number until the start of WW1, Nicholas II never wanted to pass it in the first place.

But I agree that you should approach it in themes - e.g. how it affected the immediate unrest in the nation, what it did for civil liberties, how it affected religion.
It is an 8 mark question. I get now that they are 2 separate things it's just I didn't know what to put as there weren't really any major impacts other than the Duma that got dissolved anyway. Thank you for replying
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by helpmewithstuff)
It is an 8 mark question. I get now that they are 2 separate things it's just I didn't know what to put as there weren't really any major impacts other than the Duma that got dissolved anyway. Thank you for replying
The wikipedia page does offer quite a useful summary. It wasn't all pointless.
helpmewithstuff
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
The wikipedia page does offer quite a useful summary. It wasn't all pointless.
Ok, thank you : )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (110)
35.71%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (42)
13.64%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (19)
6.17%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (32)
10.39%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (37)
12.01%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (36)
11.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
10.39%

Watched Threads