The Student Room Group

Am I an a-hole for not wanting my bf to talk to my bullies?

To be clear I’d never stop him talking to any of his friends or anymore that he actually knew.

However I’ve noticed that he keeps popping up to some old friends which I don’t have a problem with because with Corona round I want him to be able to have friends to talk to you and not just me.

But I saw that yesterday popped up to one of my old bullies who he never even spoke to in school The only time they ever spoke was when we started dating and she tried to convince him to flirt with her and that I was having sex with people (I was 13 at the time)

She and a few others made my life complete hell and I wanted to kill myself for most of my HS life because of the daily bullying.

If she was actually a friend of hers I would’ve just dealt with it they don’t even know each other they just spoke once when I was 13 about six years ago.

I don’t really think it’s right that he wants to start talking to somebody who encouraged me to try and kill myself myself all of my HS life up till I was 16/17

She hasn’t messaged him back but if they do actually become friends I won’t stop them but I still think he shouldn’t want to talk to his girlfriends bully.

I’m not going to interfere in any way but AMTA for wishing he didn’t want to talk to her?
Reply 1
Absolutely ****in not!
If he was a really good boyfriend he wouldn't have ever tried to hit her up, I think you should 100% talk to him about it. She made your life a living hell, what ur boyfriend should be doing is telling her off about it. Talk to him, tell him how you understand that he's lonely cause of the whole corona thing but talk about how ur uncomfortable that he's hitting up an old bully of yours. You are defenitley not the ahole in this situation dw, i'd be pissed if my bf talked to one of my old bullies.
Original post by Anonymous
To be clear I’d never stop him talking to any of his friends or anymore that he actually knew.

However I’ve noticed that he keeps popping up to some old friends which I don’t have a problem with because with Corona round I want him to be able to have friends to talk to you and not just me.

But I saw that yesterday popped up to one of my old bullies who he never even spoke to in school The only time they ever spoke was when we started dating and she tried to convince him to flirt with her and that I was having sex with people (I was 13 at the time)

She and a few others made my life complete hell and I wanted to kill myself for most of my HS life because of the daily bullying.

If she was actually a friend of hers I would’ve just dealt with it they don’t even know each other they just spoke once when I was 13 about six years ago.

I don’t really think it’s right that he wants to start talking to somebody who encouraged me to try and kill myself myself all of my HS life up till I was 16/17

She hasn’t messaged him back but if they do actually become friends I won’t stop them but I still think he shouldn’t want to talk to his girlfriends bully.

I’m not going to interfere in any way but AMTA for wishing he didn’t want to talk to her?

No, you have a whole ass right to feel this way, that's barbaric, if he loves you why would he want anything to do with the person who hurt you.

That's a whole new level of disrespect, you wouldn't talk to someone who made his life hell.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending