Is it possible to do a Fine art degree without art A levels

Watch
_Jss
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I don’t want to know about foundation diplomas and foundations year or changing my a levels. I’ve heard it all before and every time I ask any kind of question everyone always says how beneficial it is to do a foundation diploma, I know that’s why I’m thinking of doing it. All I want to know is literally if it’s possible to be accepted into a decent uni for Fine art without art at a level or any kind of foundation provided I have a great portfolio and if it’s happened before?
Thenorthern
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by _Jss)
I don’t want to know about foundation diplomas and foundations year or changing my a levels. I’ve heard it all before and every time I ask any kind of question everyone always says how beneficial it is to do a foundation diploma, I know that’s why I’m thinking of doing it. All I want to know is literally if it’s possible to be accepted into a decent uni for Fine art without art at a level or any kind of foundation provided I have a great portfolio and if it’s happened before?
Hey!

Yes most institutions will accept a student without any creative A-Levels, a lot (like ourselves) like to see a creative portfolio of work at interview- this can be made up of work that you have created in your spare time or at school/college!

Most institutions will ask for a certain amount of UCAS points too before applying, and some art schools may require a Foundation Diploma to be completed prior to studying at degree level, so I'd say when you look at applying for a degree check the institutions entry requirements first.

For example, at The Northern School of Art we invite students in for an interview to look at their work and discuss why they want to study on the course we don't require students to have a Foundation however some students to prefer to study a Foundation course first to build up their portfolio.

If you have any other questions, I'm happy to answer

Thanks,

Katt, Student Recruitment Officer
https://northernart.ac.uk/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (413)
56.42%
I don't have everything I need (319)
43.58%

Watched Threads