Media/ Film and Tv Production courses during COVID

Watch
Emily30004
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m looking to go to uni next September, I’ve just sent my UCAS application and I’m looking to do a practical media/ film and tv production course.

I’ve applied for -

Salford - Film Production
York - Film and Television Production
Bournemouth - Television Production
Nottingham Trent - Media and Film & TV
Hertfordshire - Film and Television (Production)

I’m really excited to go to uni but apprehensive about what it’s going to be like next year and if I should consider deferring.
As my courses are all practical based and the most important thing for me is being hands on with equipment.

I was wondering if anyone is doing any of these courses currently and could give me some advice! And also let me know what adjustments have been made to courses due to COVID

Thanks!!!
nutristudentbu
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Emily30004)
I’m looking to go to uni next September, I’ve just sent my UCAS application and I’m looking to do a practical media/ film and tv production course.

I’ve applied for -

I’m really excited to go to uni but apprehensive about what it’s going to be like next year and if I should consider deferring.
As my courses are all practical based and the most important thing for me is being hands on with equipment.

I was wondering if anyone is doing any of these courses currently and could give me some advice! And also let me know what adjustments have been made to courses due to COVID

Thanks!!!
Hey, I think the situation is ever changing and you won't need to make your mind up until well into next year so I would just wait it out but prepare yourself for a 2021 start for now (you can always accept and then defer just before enrolment if you decide that's best).

I think BU was offering some practical workshops for the film and TV courses, whilst anything that can be done virtually is.

I would suggest visiting the course page at each uni and looking for any contact details. At BU you can chat with a student on the course via UniBuddy (it pops up on the page) and if you scroll down you can also contact staff members which might be useful. BU also has a virtual open day on the 31st October where you'll be able to ask questions about how they've adapted everything for this semester.

Good luck.
arjitdas82
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Emily30004)

I’ve applied for -

I was wondering if anyone is doing any of these courses currently and could give me some advice! And also let me know what adjustments have been made to cd
oursesdue to COVID

Thanks!!!
Did you finally enrolled yourself with any university? ....I think York was the best choice in your list

Do share/update
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (167)
55.48%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (44)
14.62%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (33)
10.96%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
8.64%
I haven't started researching yet (17)
5.65%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
4.65%

Watched Threads