The Student Room Group

Law Offers 2021

Scroll to see replies

I applied to UCL, Kings, Nottingham, Leeds and Manchester with three A* predicted (English LL, Psychology and History), and 9999876666 GCSE. I have got offers from Manchester and Leeds and waiting for the rest but I am not so confident with the LNAT.
Original post by sheawilliams
I applied to UCL, Kings, Nottingham, Leeds and Manchester with three A* predicted (English LL, Psychology and History), and 9999876666 GCSE. I have got offers from Manchester and Leeds and waiting for the rest but I am not so confident with the LNAT.

Nottingham are big on the MCQ, but afaik UCL and Kings don't really care about it. UCL especially want your essay to be good, so as long as you think that went okay it shouldn't mess up your application :smile:
Original post by 6446
I got an offer from Leeds!!

congrats ! was this for straight law or with European / international legal studies?
I just got the knock back from LSE 🙄 I thought maybe I’d done ok on the LNAT when I got an offer from Durham, but perhaps not... the waiting is killing me!!
Original post by Finford
I just got the knock back from LSE 🙄 I thought maybe I’d done ok on the LNAT when I got an offer from Durham, but perhaps not... the waiting is killing me!!

ooh congrats on durham!
What did LSE say?
Original post by Finford

What are your predicted grades and GCSEs?
Original post by Finford

You heard back from LSE already?? when did you apply?
I just got an invitation for a self assessment from
York!
Anyone know when King's starts sending out offers? x
Original post by madpaddington
Anyone know when King's starts sending out offers? x

Last year they sent out the first offers around 20th November. So end of this month I suppose. IM SO NERVOUS
Original post by Finford

The knock back? When did you apply & what did they say? Sorry if this is like the 100th time you’ve been asked!
Original post by nyx2911
Last year they sent out the first offers around 20th November. So end of this month I suppose. IM SO NERVOUS

Oh I'm really nervous for this. Not my top choice but I'd be gutted if I was rejected lol
Original post by Snsjneekek
What are your predicted grades and GCSEs?

I'm an international student (USA) I have already met the admission requirements. I have just had an email directly from LSE stating that it was my personal statement that was not strong enough :/
Original post by Harl1403
The knock back? When did you apply & what did they say? Sorry if this is like the 100th time you’ve been asked!

I applied on October 12th. I got an unconditional offer from Durham on November 3rd, and I got an email from LSE this morning stating that my personal statement was not strong enough... I'm not even sure that I wanted to go to LSE - but rejection is always hard...
Have applied to Nottingham, Exeter, Leeds, Liverpool and RHUL on 2nd November. Received offer of AAA from Liverpool
Original post by nyx2911
ooh congrats on durham!
What did LSE say?

That my personal statement was not strong enough... I'm wasn't my top choice, but rejection is a ***** :/
Just received an offer from Durham for law (international student with achieved grades).
Original post by Vodex_Law
Just received an offer from Durham for law (international student with achieved grades).

Congratulations!
Did they send you an email regarding your results sheet to be uploaded or anything recently?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Finford
I applied on October 12th. I got an unconditional offer from Durham on November 3rd, and I got an email from LSE this morning stating that my personal statement was not strong enough... I'm not even sure that I wanted to go to LSE - but rejection is always hard...

I see.. I’m still waiting to hear from LSE I know what you mean - I too take it hard. However, you’ve got an unconditional from Durham though which is an equally amazing university so congratulations on that! I’m a big believer in everything happens for a reason. Once again congrats on Durham!
Original post by Finford
That my personal statement was not strong enough... I'm wasn't my top choice, but rejection is a ***** :/

Aw man I’m sorry:/
All the best for your other choices!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending