The Student Room Group

Law Offers 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Paulina_g_.
I’m in the same boat, have they replied to you?

not yet :frown: wbu
Still waiting to hear back from Nottingham. Sat the LNAT on December 16th...
Reply 782
I got an offer from Cardiff today!!
Original post by Charlieefinch
Still waiting to hear back from Nottingham. Sat the LNAT on December 16th...

dec 16th is kinda later than most applicants so don't stress about it - likelihood is if u did well they're gonna want to wait till after the deadline to make an offer
Hey guys! I've applied by the October 15th deadline. Just got a rejection after an interview @ Oxford :/ Manchester gave me a conditional offer at late October, and Bristol has given me a hold. Didn't hear back from UCL & KCL at all. I'm an international student btw. Did anyone get an offer from either of them? I've seen a couple of people in this thread who did, but not much.
guys notts sent me an email saying their actively considering my application as they want to give 'equal consideration to all applicants before the UCAS deadline' idk if it means my lnat was bad or good as i sat it quite late dec 30th to be precise.
Original post by zxneta12
guys notts sent me an email saying their actively considering my application as they want to give 'equal consideration to all applicants before the UCAS deadline' idk if it means my lnat was bad or good as i sat it quite late dec 30th to be precise.

Don't worry at all. The vast majority of nottingham offers are given out in a couple big batches after the deadline. Getting an offer before is a nice bonus but absolutely not neccessary, and they're seemingly primarily given to people with the best LNAT scores (above the 'cutoff', typically >25). It's probably an indicator you scored below that, but 25+ are exceptional scores statistically speaking, so that's no reason to worry. If anything was fundamentally wrong with your application, you would have been rejected already. Try and forget about it and wait till the deadline :smile:. The date that you sat your LNAT will have absolutely no negative impact on your application by the way, i can assure you.
Original post by zxneta12

Yeah I got the exact same email. I don’t think it’s anything to worry about, as they have seen our scores so they can’t have been too bad as they would have already rejected us.
Original post by edaram
Don't worry at all. The vast majority of nottingham offers are given out in a couple big batches after the deadline. Getting an offer before is a nice bonus but absolutely not neccessary, and they're seemingly primarily given to people with the best LNAT scores (above the 'cutoff', typically >25). It's probably an indicator you scored below that, but 25+ are exceptional scores statistically speaking, so that's no reason to worry. If anything was fundamentally wrong with your application, you would have been rejected already. Try and forget about it and wait till the deadline :smile:. The date that you sat your LNAT will have absolutely no negative impact on your application by the way, i can assure you.

Is this email the one people are getting to tell them they have been waitlisted/ put on hold?
Hi, I am an IB student and I got 35 grades (HL subjects are 5-6-7). Do you have some suggestions for me to choose UCAS 5 uni?
Reply 790
who else has got a Newcastle offer
Original post by Charlieefinch
Is this email the one people are getting to tell them they have been waitlisted/ put on hold?

idk as I checked my Nottingham portal the day I done my LNAT last week( Friday) and I couldn't see my application for law on there but then today they must have received it as it was showing the application for law and I also had the same email as the other person above. So I'm assume that it is either they have only just received it and are viewing it now or that I'm on hold
Original post by Geth071002
idk as I checked my Nottingham portal the day I done my LNAT last week( Friday) and I couldn't see my application for law on there but then today they must have received it as it was showing the application for law and I also had the same email as the other person above. So I'm assume that it is either they have only just received it and are viewing it now or that I'm on hold

Yeah same, and on my Nottingham it says that all applications to this course will be held until a set date. So It may be that everyone received it, as it doesn’t really sound like a email to tell us we have been put on hold.
Original post by z142

Me :smile:
Reply 794
I applied to LSE at the start of October but haven't heard anything yet. Anyone heard anything yet?? (Sorry if you've said earlier in the thread but I haven't read through it for a while)
Original post by a1d1a
I applied to LSE at the start of October but haven't heard anything yet. Anyone heard anything yet?? (Sorry if you've said earlier in the thread but I haven't read through it for a while)

I'm in the same boat - apparently LSE tends to send out offers after the UCAS deadline so they have a good idea of all the applicants
Original post by z142

🙋🏾*♂️🙋🏾*♂️
Original post by JohnnyO
Hey guys! I've applied by the October 15th deadline. Just got a rejection after an interview @ Oxford :/ Manchester gave me a conditional offer at late October, and Bristol has given me a hold. Didn't hear back from UCL & KCL at all. I'm an international student btw. Did anyone get an offer from either of them? I've seen a couple of people in this thread who did, but not much.

Sorry about Oxford but you have some other great unis there.

UCL and Kings make most of their offers after the UCAS deadline so not many people will have heard back from them yet. And Bristol put a lot of people on hold until after the UCAS deadline.
Original post by harrysbar
Sorry about Oxford but you have some other great unis there.

UCL and Kings make most of their offers after the UCAS deadline so not many people will have heard back from them yet. And Bristol put a lot of people on hold until after the UCAS deadline.

I applied on to Bristol on 2nd Dec. But i haven’t been put on hold. Does this mean anything?
Original post by Keir Starmer
I applied on to Bristol on 2nd Dec. But i haven’t been put on hold. Does this mean anything?

Probably just that Admissions haven't got to your application yet.

Had they got to it they could have given you an offer, rejected you or sent you notification that they were putting you on hold

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending