b. retake As modules.

Thanks in anticipation of reply.
futurehealer
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
Can't think of any reason why not
you could either do them by yourself or sign up at a local sixth form college
I'm doing both, though not primarily for retakes
if you haven't certificated then you don't have to retake the whole qualification but can do individual modules to bump up your grade
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You can retake modules during your gap year.
SinghFello
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Absolutely. But make sure your school/college lets you take the exams using their examination codes if you just want to resit the module(s) without actually being in full time education. You wouldnt believe how many people do this. Loads of people in my college have been to sixth form, and are spending an extra year retaking some exams.
gangsta1
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
depends on whether the college will let you do it. I am sure they will let you do it but they might charge you for the examination fees and tutuion. I am not 100% sure. But you will definately be alright with the exam board's rules, its just finding the college that will teach you.

Also if you are retaking because the results were not good enough to get into a university, be careful asto check up the admission rules as some universities are reluctant to take uo re-sit students but thats only a few of them form some courses.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why won't the school/college let you resit modules are you finished your full time education?
SinghFello
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by futurehealer)
if you haven't certificated then you don't have to retake the whole qualification but can do individual modules to bump up your grade
Even if you have, you can uncertify the grade for about £35.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Uncertify the grade? Never heard of that.
SinghFello
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Thats strange. Someone I know at college has done the full A2, and she has the certificate(assuming this is what you get when you cash in the grade). And she is spending this year redoing the AS modules?
Chris87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My college says if you take a gap year you should explain why you're taking it in your personal statement. I don't think it will look too impressive from the universities point of view if you do a gap year just to do retakes. You should plan to do something else as well.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1648)
78.78%
Leave (444)
21.22%

Watched Threads